Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

More on perspective

Christmas shopping done! If I don't have it, I'm not getting it. It's that simple.
I refuse to get caught up in all the commercial hoopla. I went early, and didn't stay long. As I was walking across the parking lot, hordes of people were converging on the stores.
Ack. Let me out of here.

I decided to spend the afternoon weaving shawls, just for fun.
From december

Trying different weft threads, since I put enough warp on for several shawls.
The upstairs was cold, but I turned the new heater up so I wouldn't freeze while I was weaving.
After weaving for a while, I went downstairs and got my camera. I thought at first that there was only one picture to take, then I realized..............there are so many more ways to look at things than the first one that comes to mind.
You gotta change position, if you want to see something from a different angle.
Ouch.
From december

The more willing you are to 'flex' and 'bend', the more likely you are to see just what it is you have been missing.
From december

If you know what I mean?
Sometimes I think I know why Eddie used to like to lay under the loom while I was weaving.
Guess he saw something that I didn't see.
From december

People are always saying you should slow down, stop and smell the roses, so to speak. But perhaps you just need to slow down long enough to catch that new view.
Imagine how that could change the way you think about things.









6 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Fabulous angles and great metaphor for the need for fresh perspectives. Merry Christmas Hilary!

MimiG said...

Hello from the Canadian prairies!! I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your blog for many many reasons, wool, looms, cats, and your great outlook on life in general. I just made your (cousin's) pie crust recipe and want to thank you so much for sharing because it was fabulous!!
Merry Christmas Hilary!
Naomi G

claudia said...

Great pictures and even better words about perspective. I love coming to your blog!

Gail said...

You sure know how to tempt me! My first one is mine!

Gail said...

The first one is mine...I should proof read!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Excellent perspective :-)

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts