Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Slim Pickins

Time to pick the apples.
We go in the week, because to go on the weekend around here is insanity.
What with the corn maze, the apple picking, and the CIDER DONUTS, the cars are lined up forever on the back roads.
So we go on a Tuesday morning, early.
Luckily my husband is quite tall, which allowed me to take pictures, and give direction.
Which we all know he needs.
He's a man, right?

The apples are spectacular though, right off the tree. Perfect.
Here it is. The lavender and light green rug with just a touch of purple. Done, finished. A wrap.
That's the inspector, looking it over.

You can click on any picture to make it larger.........this is a close up of the rug. I wove it with my rolling stool, since my arms do not reach across 4 ft of the width of the rug. I roll myself back and forth on a stool I bought on Ebay........thanks to the suggestion of my good friend, Chris Gustin, who sells rugs on her web site here .
You all heard about the latest cat to land at the Wayward cat hotel.........let me tell you, the story does not end with me picking them up at the vet, and paying the bill.
No.........we have to all "get along"....and that does not come easy.
Sydney spent a couple of days isolated, and then we went for the gold.
She has been doing pretty well......ignoring the other three for the most part.
Here is Jinx. I had just tied the loom up after taking the lavender rug off, and Sydney jumped up to try it out as a napping spot.
Soon Jinx appeared.
Can you imagine this conversation???

Uh, hi...........uh, do you want to hang out, or something?
C'mon, it'll be really fun. I'm fun, can't ya' tell?
Hmm........maybe she is asleep. Maybe I'll just wait here for a bit......
I'm not doing nothin'......I'm not! I'm just layin' here.
Fine then, I'll just wash up while I'm waiting.
(Huge sigh)
I'm just stretching.....I didn't touch her. Honest. I didn't.
Fine then.

Lately, it's just me and the cats at the studio, with a little Sirius radio. I am another Coffee House fan. So their interaction is the only show in town.
Or maybe I am just easily amused in my retirement.
It could be either, but I guess it doesn't matter, cause I am having fun.
If I won the lottery, I would still want to go to Crazy as a Loom to weave.
How CRAZY is that.

9 comments:

kestrel said...

Picking apples appear like fun i guess when you do it for yourself and not as a job. In Asia, we seldom can get to an orchard to pick fruits as they are sold at the markets and supermarkets. Orchards are not open to public. I think your cats are adorable and find the loom so very comfortable

Hilary said...

Not crazy at all.. you're doing what you love. Not too many can say that. Those kitties sure do love the loom. :)

Country Girl said...

I don't think it's crazy at all, m'dear. I think your kitty thoughts are hilarious!

Country Girl said...

Oh, and the rug?!! It is beautiful. Love those colors.

Sharon said...

I love your cats - they're awesome. I hope the days come when I can talk about cats in plural - lucky you. BTW, those colors on the rugs - ver nize.

Anonymous said...

The rug turned out quite nice. I know you said you weren't so wild about the colors, but it really DOES look nice.

Di

KarenInTheWoods said...

Heh heh heh.. you need to make a picture book with captions of Kitty Tails at the Crazy as a Loom House....

Delighted Hands said...

The rug is very beautiful. The cats are so expressive and I love your interpretations!!

Anonymous said...

Love cats and creative people. I am following your blog :).

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts