Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Monday, October 12, 2009

Every day, another door.


After many days of worrying, it looks like Ava may be on the mend. Still waiting for lab tests, but she is improving. And THAT is good news.
Thanks for all your kind words.
I will keep you posted on her progress.
I am officially the grandmother of a TWELVE year old. Happy Birthday, Nev.
And here he is, driving the electric scooter his Mimi bought him.
Got to get some weaving in here.......finished this over the weekend.


Sharon, over at In Stitches left me an award, the Honest Scrap award. The rule is that you have to leave it to 7 other bloggers that are brilliant in content and design.
Then you are supposed to list ten things that readers may not know about you.
Unfortunately, most of the blogs I like and admire, are award free blogs.

I was very impressed with Kate over at Chronicles of a Country Girl when she received this award. She was very open and honest with her list, and I was inspired.
But to me that is what blogs are about. Reading them at the end of my day is a gift. They can make me thoughtful, make me laugh, move me to be a better person.

They can be the light shining through an open door.
It is pretty incredible that people you have never met, can touch you with their words.

So here goes......ten things you may, or may not, know about me.

1. I have the ugliest feet on the planet. Don't believe me, ask my kids. It's true.
2. I am a tad obsessed with weaving. Oh, c'mon......don't say you didn't know.
3. I could still cry over my pit bull, Chickiwu, who died several years ago. But I love Eddie, who is still with us, beyond reason.
4.I love the rain. LOVE IT.
5. I am a tea addict. Made properly, in the pot, with a tea cozy to keep it warm.
6. I have notebooks everywhere, filled with drivel....and some good ideas, and things I want to remember, which I won't have a clue about when I read them again.
7. I save cats. But I have to stop adopting them, I do, I really do.
8. I love the Red Sox. It is my husband's fault. It doesn't hurt that some of them are really NICE looking. (Don't tell you know who.)
9. I have 10,000 lbs of fabric. No, it is not a problem.
10. I love the Sopranos, and Everybody Loves Raymond, and I watch the same ones over and over.

Ta da.

And to pass this on:
1. Sunrise Lodge Fiber Studio because I am so impressed with her weaving skills.
2. Original Art Studio who always has inspirational posts.
3. Snappy Di/Blue Ridge Gal,
because she is so funny and irreverent.
4. Spruce Hill because she is so brave, and full of life.
5. Two Peas and Their Pod, because they have fantastic recipes.
6. Sea Glass Designs for her lovely jewelry, and great pictures.
7. The Things We Carried, a new blog I just found, that just speaks to me.
Later.......

4 comments:

Maria said...

thanks for sharing your award with me! I love the rain too. Thanks for visiting Two Peas and Their Pod. Glad you like our recipes:)

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Hilary: Thank you so much for the award. You are very kind. I'm thrilled you enjoy my blog.

I see in your ten items that we have much in common - tea must be made properly in a teapot with tea cozy (and served in a bone china cup/mug if possible), I love the rain, and still can weep about the loss of our golden retriever, Silken, five years ago.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I am laughing at your reason for giving me this award. *grins* Yes, irreverent I am, sometimes too much so, but I yam what I yam. Glad you don't mind it as some probably do...

I am award free but I do thank ye my good friend and love your work.

Di
(most people have ugly feet so don't you fret)

Delighted Hands said...

Congrats on the award-I love the way you use cast off fabrics to create the beautiful rugs you share here!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts