Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

good morning sunshine

I love sunny mornings at the studio. This is what greets me, besides the 4 cats milling around the door waiting for me to get inside.
This room used to have dingy gray wallpaper, and brown painted floors. I chose this color, Florentine clay, and with the floors refinished, the room glows, don't you think???

I have been fighting fatigue all week long. I want to sleep later in the morning instead of popping up at my usual 7am. Not sure if it is the cold weather, or just getting older. Or both.

I have discovered that my inventory skills are somewhat lacking. A rug ordered off my web site is no longer on the shelf.
Hmm.
So I went back and logged in all the lodge rugs, and then checked them against my web site.
There was more than one rug on the web site that was long gone.
Ouch.
My mother says I need a secretary.
Yeah, and a cleaning lady, too. And a grounds keeper.
That's it. I want to be the Lady of the Manor.
I am "orderless".....and loving it. I have been weaving up a storm, stocking the shelves in the shop. That is a very good feeling.
I have also been doing some organizing, at the studio, and at home. I get these urges every now and then. Cleaning closets, throwing things out, finishing things I have started and set aside.


Tomorrow is window washing day, so weaving will have to wait.
Gotta let that sun in.

7 comments:

KarenInTheWoods said...

Oh.. I just LOVE that sunshine coming into your happy room. That clay color on the walls is very warm and inviting. Sooo you gonna come and wash my windows next?

Anonymous said...

Have been tired this week too. Hard to get up in the morning due to a snoring Hubby that keeps me awake late into the night.

Love the color on your walls as it makes the room all warm and welcoming.

Di

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

No wonder you are so tired with all that housework you are doing. Your studio is so bright, open and airy and it does just glow.

Delighted Hands said...

The color of the room with the sunshine is so inviting! I wonder what the blue circle is on the floor by the loom? Your body knows the season is changing and responding-glad there is no order for now so you can get the extra rest and catch up!

DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

The color of your loom room is wonderful. I love the wooden floors, it just seems like a room you could live in for a long time. When I grow up I want a weaving room that can evoke that wonderful feeling. ;)

Susan said...

Warm and inviting colour! Loves it :)
My studio is a soft sage green and its calming. Love staying there every afternoon.

Glad to hear G-daughter is doing okay. What a relief..

I'll be back...
Susan
'Thrums'
Duncan, BC.

Sunrise Lodge Fiber Studio said...

I love the color!!! And your studio looks alive and fabulous!!! Happy weaving!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts