Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Missing October

OK, I am missing October already. And it isn't even over. I found myself tonight looking back through my Flickr photos with lots of nostalgia.
Driving through Vermont, with the leaves changing, it is the kind of day I want to hold on to, and not let go. There is nothing more fun than a day of driving through the countryside, with no particular destination.
Stopping when you want to stop, taking turns that look inviting, taking time.
I have no idea who did this, but I like the way they think. Or don't think. I love this.
And these people have a great sense of humor.
Instead of putting them out by the road with a free sign, they decided to make their own art objects.
There is a certain amount of appealing weirdness about this. LOVE IT.
And I am missing Maine, too. Our short trip there the beginning of this month was lovely, but not long enough. While we were there we went to the Ogunquit Playhouse.
Did I tell you that October is when all the Baby Boomers go to Maine??? Yup. We were all there. Well, a lot of us were there.
But no sense getting all shook up about it.
Octobers come, and Octobers go. Today it was 65 degrees.
Wow.
Love it while you can.

6 comments:

Lori said...

What great pictures! I love the sense of humor and art. I miss October too...our fall colors were much earlier then usual and we have already had snow 3 times(thankfully none of it stayed yet)and now it is mostly brown and cold here. I love fall and how quickly it came and went and winter is knocking loudly at the door. I'm pretending not to hear!

Hilary said...

I'm still missing summer. Come November.. December, I'll be missing October. I love those chair photos. You have great neighbours. I wonder how many people have stopped to chat with them after seeing their sculptures.

"I just had to stop when I saw your interesting art"
"Welcome! I'm so glad you did. Have a seat." ;)

Daryl said...

Interesting your remark about Maine. Seems to me that this summer a lot of people sad they were going to Maime. I think whatever their Chamber of Commerce is doing is working.

And I love love love the rocks and the chairs... its kinda suburban street art!

Nancy said...

Great pictures. It sounds like a great trip, if you are missing it. I'll bet the color was unbelievable - one day we will make it to the east coast for fall color.

Gail said...

Great pictures and sounds like you enjoyed so that is good.

Delighted Hands said...

October is the parenthesis month to summer!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts