Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Monday, October 26, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

I was trying to get a natural warp off the loom today, so I can put another warp on for an order.
Unfortunately, there wasn't enough for a full size rug.
Luckily, there is a spot in the studio for a tiny rug.
Which made me think that it was time to show you my little 'loo'.
It is so small, that when we were refinishing floors, we didn't hesitate about painting this floor barn red.
There was no room to get the sander in there, so it seemed like the way to go.
This is the shelf above the toilet, which I won't show you. Suffice to say that the toilet seat is painted a mint green, and it is very old. My daughters think it should go, but I think it is vintage, so I keep it.

There is also a door to nowhere in the little bath. It used to be where the washing machine was. And the previous owners decided that they would put it in the middle of the dining room, and just build a wall around it.
Needless to say, that was history right away.
So now the door doesn't open, due to a cupboard behind it.
Old houses, you gotta love 'em.
The elf sink. It really is called that. I searched high and low to find a sink that would fit. Isn't it precious??



I love the mirror. It always reminds me to just love myself the way I am, and not "long" to be something else.


In spite of the day being broken up with errands, I got a lot done.
I had a visitor from Evanston, Illinois. A fellow blogger, Jaimie, was in the area with her husband, and came for the "tour". She met the cats and we talked about weaving.
Of course, I can talk about weaving for hours. So visitors need to beware.
It amazes me how many nice people I have met through this blog, and others.

I found the stuff I need to rehab the Weaver's Friend loom. On the suggestion of my friend, Chris, of Homestead Weaving, I went to the hardware store in search of the grease. I walked in and asked for "white helium grease". The lady laughed, and said, "do you mean lithium?"
Ahhhhhh......OK, that is what I mean.
And I found the Howard Feed-n-Wax at a local antique store.
So we are good to go.
I am cleaning it tomorrow. If I can get my husband to help me, I will drag it out in the sun.

I wound a warp for some sage rugs, and found a roll of fabric in the perfect shade.

Busy, busy, busy all day.
I think I was born busy.
Is that possible?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh I like that mirror... It's perfect!! Really, all kidding aside, I love it!

Di

Need A Latte Mom said...

Love being busy. It drives my husband crazy!

I am getting ready to order rug warp and was wondering where you get yours? Any suggestions?
I have about 200lbs of sock loopers that I have been dragging around the country that need to be made into rugs. My husband laughs at me everytime I say that....I will prove him wrong!

Hilary said...

Busy indeed! I lneed one of those mirrors. Mine just says "Willya just look at those wrinkles!" Then it snickers. It always waits until I put my glasses on too. ;)

Lori said...

Sounds like a great busy day. I LOVE that mirror! It is so cool! And I happen to love old houses!

Sharon said...

Yup. I think it's possible to be born busy. My mother told me was born to hurry.

Delighted Hands said...

I don't mind the busies when it is full of weaving, etc!

Love the little loo tucked in like that!

And I had a good laugh over your slip of the tongue asking for the grease. Our family still laughs over my dad asking to see the KingKong mattress when he meant the KingKoil! Well, we laugh and he tries to!

Daryl said...

I love your barn red floor and green toilet seat .. I say vintage aka shabby chic is in!

And my mirror .. its always showing those little hairs I could have sworn I plucked for good are back .. hey its Hallween so I may leave them ;-)

KarenInTheWoods said...

I can relate to your lithium grease question after all my years working in a hardware store!

And ooooooo on the Howards Feed N Wax! Chris sold me some and it's almost gone, time to order some more I suppose.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts