Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Thursday, October 8, 2009

A little weaving, a little worrying.

Sunny corner with a loom. It doesn't get any better than this.
Yup, I know I am crazy.
Certifiable.
I am also a little messy, just in case you might have gotten the idea that I was neat and organized.
Not quite.
Blue jean chair pads. 20 of them, for an order.
But I am liking them so much, I may make some to put on my web site. And they are washable.
I think I am going to make one with ties on two corners, and I already have an idea how I will do it.
14 are done..........6 to go.

Today I worried while weaving. My granddaughter has been sick, and she has been having xrays and blood work. She is only four, and it breaks my heart to think she has to go through this. She is a little trooper though, and kept telling the doctor, "I'm OK, really, I'm OK."

She also has a sense of humor. From the bathroom, my daughter heard her say, "Aunt Momo, I've got some bad news." Guess she didn't get there quite in time.
There should be an option, that grandmothers could take whatever infirmity was inflicted on their grandchildren, because I would take this from her in a New York minute.

But I am trying to take some advice that I heard in Al Anon years ago.
If you're going to worry, don't pray.
If you're going to pray, don't worry.

It sounds easy, doesn't it?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will pray for your granddaughter and hope that it will help you not to worry so much!
JB in IL

Anonymous said...

I have a four year old. I will carry this with you and pray!

KarenInTheWoods said...

Oh Hilary.. she is in my prayers too.

Delighted Hands said...

I love the blue jean chair pads; the ties are a great idea! I hope your grand daughter is better soon; praying is always better and never easier..........

Sharon said...

Tears in my eyes as I type - my 5ive-year-old granddaughter is the apple of my eye. I'm not sure I could pray enough to not worry.

Hilary said...

I'm sending my very best, healing thoughts your little one's way, Hilary... please keep us posted. She'll be in my very best thoughts. Hugs to you.

Sharon said...

I do love the blue you're working on and hope the blueness in your life turns to sunshine very soon.

I've left an award for you on my blog, so the next time you're there, pick it up~

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Hilary: I so share your sentiments about wishing you could step in and take on your grandchildren's ailments. It is so hard to see our children suffer. Hope she is feeling better soon - and that you are free from worrying.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts