Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Monday, October 19, 2009

NOT FUNNY. DO NOT LAUGH.

I got to the studio this morning, and this is what greeted me. Sunshine, and lots of it.
It was cold, tis true. But I can take it, if it is sunny.
What a beautiful day.

We did get a hard frost. So all those allergy sufferers out there can take a deep breath. The ragweed is history for another year.

I got busy weaving, but my DH showed up, intent on helping me wash windows. I have been saying that I was going to have to do it myself, and he offered his services. The storms on the outside have to come off, and both windows have to be washed. It isn't hard, just very time consuming. And not something I can do alone.
Yes, ladies, he cooks, and he does windows, too. What a guy!!
Guess I will keep him.
While we were out there, I was telling him that the house needed painting, again. And I was perusing the siding, checking out the places where the paint was peeling.
And I noticed this.




Bill......look!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!
Yup, he said, looks like squirrels have chewed their way into the soffit.
Then I screamed again.
OMG.
There he is!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK!!!!! In the window!!!!!!!

There he was, indeed. Sunning himself in the eyebrow window up in the peak of the house.
Oblivious.


I ran and got my zoom lens. I couldn't believe my eyes. I swore, I stomped, I shook my fist at him. I don't want you in my attic.
Why is it whevever I get a little money ahead, something.....or someone....comes along with another plan for it.
Like you.
And as I zoomed in, snapping away, I let out one more whoop.
And more profanity.
OMG.
BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, this is not a joke. Those are not two little squirrel statues up in the attic, sunning themselves in my eyebrow window.
NO.
Those are two interlopers, who are going to make me spend money, to get them out of my house, and to block up the places they are getting in.

No, they are NOT cute. NO.NO.NO.

"Do you hear something?"
"Nah."
"I thought I heard people."
"Isn't that sun divine?"
"Hey, where'd ya' put the sunflower seeds we stole from the bird feeder?? Huh? Huh?"
"They're right there. You're sitting on them. Quit botherin' me. I'm getting some sun."

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah Hah... sorry to laugh because I know they do damage, but they are so cute sitting up there sunning. LOL My hubby calls them tree rats. Cute, but sooo much trouble.

Love this post!
Di

J'Ollie Primitives said...

Bookends.

J'Ollie Primitives said...

...not "stuff them and use them as bookends" (hmmm)
They look like expensive and hard to get rid of bookends, don't they?

Hilary said...

Bold little stinkers, aren't they? But they ARE cute and sorry, but I am laughing.. softly.. empathetically.. with you.. yeah, with you!

Jennifer said...

So - can you get a cat to live in the attic???? Might be one of the cheapest routes!

KarenInTheWoods said...

I second that cat idea....

Did you know that squirrels would look like rats if they didnt have that cute fluffy tail????

Little buggers!

Delighted Hands said...

While in NY in our old farmhouse (1835), Autumn always had a bite and this was it-vermin trying to move in when the weather turned cold. We used to let our cat in the basement so maybe they could do some good in the attic! Great pic of the particular vermin in your case-it is nice to know who you are up against!

Anonymous said...

LOLOL... Oh Hilary, you can be glad that they aren't raccoons! Good luck evicting the little varmints... meanwhile, you made me smile today!
mary

Gail said...

I will not laugh.

My sister has the same problem but she can not trap them. They are happily running the open beams of her house, breaking many things.

I offered Gypsy to come catch the squirrel. Can you imagine a fifty-plus dog running through a house full of breakables after a squirel. She did not take me up on the offer. Nor did she accept the offer of hubby and grandson coming to shoot them. I did laugh then.

Restless Knitter said...

I'm not laughing at the squirrels being in there but at the way you told it. I would be mad as all heck if they were in my attic. Good luck getting them out.

Weathered & Worn said...

A Squirrel Party! At least they thought they were having one! A couple of years ago, we had some make a huge nest in the shed, once they pick a place they diffently try to claim it. Good luck with your critters, thanks for sharing

bspinner said...

From a distance they are cute. I agree I wouldn't want them in or near my house. Good lucky getting rid of them!

Nancy said...

LOL! The story and pictures are so cute - the damage, not so much!

Tom Bailey said...

I connected through the advice of Hilary. (the other one) This is my first visit...

I was not laughing just thinking... ok now what? Do you call exterminators to gas them out?

Cheffie-Mom said...

This is a great post!! And I'm sorry -- but they are very cute!! Congrats on the POTW Award!!

Brian Miller said...

ha. ok sorry i know, no laughing. let the cats loose, should be fun. congrats on the potw!

Dianne said...

they most likely read the same manual that the birds living in my carport roof read

Oy!!

came by from Hilary's place

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts