Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Thursday, June 27, 2024


I have been long absent again.  
I frequently ask myself if I want to keep blogging, and 
I haven't yet come up with a good answer to that.

I have made a commitment to myself to not talk politics, on FB or anywhere else,
for my own sanity..

And sometimes I don't feel like I have much good to talk about.  This
year has been hard.

The good news is that my HIP is healed, and feeling good.
The bad news is that making my legs even, after so many years of having 
one leg 1/2" shorter than the other, has made my KNEES very angry.
For some time, they were grossly swollen, but I think at last they are starting to adjust.
I have had to adjust myself, wanting to get walking again, 
but finding that I have to do it gradually, and not 
jump right into it, like I would usually do.

Last week I went for a boat ride on Lake George, the "Queen of American Lakes", 
it has recently ranked the cleanest lake in the United States.  Pretty impressive.
You can see to the bottom in shallow water, and it is beautiful.




I do admit though that I am not really a fan of "speeding" down the lake in 
a boat.  I much prefer a more meandering type of boating. 
I guess I'm officially old.

We traveled to the end of the lake, where I grew up.  I was stunned
at how much it had changed, and in my mind, not in a good way.
I guess I prefer my memories of that place, to the way it is now, 
and I reminded myself that I don't have to see it if I don't want to.


My perennial garden is looking like the cottage garden that 
I envisioned when I started it.

The bee balm has multiplied like crazy, and so have lots of other plants.
I love the crowded, unplanned look it has.


Walking between the plants is crowded, but I love it.



Missouri primroses have popped up everywhere, even in the middle of the Lamb's Ears.



One of several phlox in my garden.


And a sweet hydrangea.....one of several......they are my faves.


In the studio, I am weaving more, and just did a "sewing" day, to clean off
my sewing table.  


This is a hand dyed Möbius shawl I just finished.






But I have to admit, for the most part, I am settling into my life.
It seems to me, that the last two years, without Bill, have been a practice
session that I really didn't want.
To be honest, there have been a lot of times, that I really had no idea
what I was doing.
Or more importantly, why.
The 25th  was two years to the day, and I realized that I am becoming
accustomed to this life I have now.
It has a rhythm of its own, unlike my life before, but it is my life, for sure.
I am also accepting that everything that happens here in my old house, 
is for me to deal with.
Whining about it doesn't change it.
Ha! Who knew.



5 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

I remember crossing Lake George, years ago, on a ferry. Mom must have been along; she would drive a day out of her way to take a ferry. The perennial garden looks nice!

Rita said...

So good to see a post from you!
Love your "English" garden. Hydrangeas are my favorites, too.
Glad you have settled into your new life.
Always glad to see a post. :)

Penny said...

It’s good to hear from you. You have always been one of my favorite bloggers. I enjoy reading about a different part of the country (I’m in the south). Please keep blogging!

Boud said...

I like that crowded happy unplanned look, too. Nature works that way. I hope you're getting used to your new normal and that it will include blogging now and then.

Valerie said...

So glad to hear that your hip is healed. I'm sure the knees will fall in line if you introduce your walks slowly.
Love the flower garden and the shawl.

Lake George: nothing stays the same. People have asked if I'm going on vacation this year. My reply is that everywhere I would like to visit, I want to visit as it was 20-30 years ago, not the way it is today.

It sounds like you are settling into the rhythm of your life as it is today. I hope you will continue to share it with us through the blog.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts