Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Monday, June 19, 2023

Is it summer yet?

Here I am again.......I am appalled at my scanty blogging history this year.  I really 
can't believe I have been so distracted.  I keep telling myself that I will do better.

Yesterday was a crazy, disturbing day, when a mangy looking raccoon tried to break INTO the dog yard.   Yes, my dogs noticed.  There was a horrible screeching noise, and when I got them inside, they both had blood on their faces.
I have looked high and low, but the raccoon is nowhere to be found.  On inspection, there was a small opening between the stockade fence on the back of the yard, and the chain link on the side of the yard, and this is where the raccoon made the 
poor decision to try to get through.


I immediately called the vet, who said that even if the raccoon was rabid, my dogs are up to date on their rabies, so will be ok.

Never a dull moment.



Syd says:  "They are animals."


Last week I got on a sewing kick......that's how I roll.........you would think it would be 
easier to sew things when I take them off the loom, but no.
I weave for long stretches of time, and stack up the fabric.   Then one day,
I get the notion to sew, and for days I am to be found at the sewing machine.




 I finished seven möbius shawls.

One lovely ruana.


And five möbi shrugs.


It all goes on my FB page, Crazy as a Loom Weaving, and then gets safely hung up to wait for the guild show in November.

I do not have the energy or the motivation for any other shows.

Then after the guild show, I'll have my annual pre-Christmas sale.

That's my plan.


The raised beds are doing great with tomatoes, cukes, one zucchini, some peppers, some basil, and the garlic that I planted last fall.

The perennial garden is really starting to come together.



I am trying to keep everything outside as easy to take care of as possible.  I do some weeding, but that's about it.
 I am limping around still, and have been for two months.  Going to the chiropractor now, twice a week, so hoping that eventually I will be a little more mobile.   But to be honest, I have given up the idea of doing manual labor. I have been too hard on my body all these years, and now I really just need to take care of it.
I either hire someone to do the yard work, or it won't get done.

Hope everyone is enjoying these  early summer days.....it will be fall before we know it.





3 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

All that weaving and sewing and you wonder why you haven't been blogging. What a great selection for your customers at your show and open house. And glad the dogs got off so lightly.

Rita said...

Scary to have a racoon battle with the dogs! I'm glad they are okay.
Your work is just lovely, as usual.
I think you are smart to take it easier.
Glad to see you blogging more often. :)

Snarled Yarns said...

I feel the same way about yard work!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts