Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Monday, November 14, 2011

A little jaunt.


A good friend of mine is building a little house.
It used to be her gift shop, but she is turning it into a place to live.



It overlooks 10 acres of wildflowers, that she has spent years planting.


The cottage will be small,  but the 12 foot ceilings will make it seem larger.


The views are lovely from every direction.


She is very excited to have her own place.
I'm excited for her.


Today I decided to take this headache in line.  If the prednisone didn't help, and it didn't, then the source of my misery is NOT my sinuses, or allergies. Per the ENT.
  I made an appointment to get my eyes checked, tomorrow.  It seems a simple thing, but you never know, and I would rather cross that off my list of possible headache causes.
And this morning, early, I called my chiropractor.  He took me in.  After I told him my story, he said he had a diagnosis for me:  dumb-ass-itis.  
"WHY didn't you come in right after you snapped your neck and got a concussion????" He's young enough to be my son, but I totally trust him.
Hmm.
Good question.
So he gently manipulated my neck, and put the magic electrodes on my back.  I left feeling better, my headache just a rumble. 
I think Karen of This Old House might be on to something.  I came home and found some Flexeril, and took one.  Slapped the heating pad on my neck, did my neck exercises, and tonight my headache is STILL THERE, but bearable. 
I am still going to have the MRI, as soon as it is APPROVED.  Red tape, ya' know.  



When I left my friend's, I drove by my old workplace.
It's right on the way.
I didn't notice the "ENTER" sign, until I saw the picture.

Appropos, though, for a maximum security prison.................'enter'.........'c'mon in'..........there's room at the inn.

The hospital area was dead center of this complex, so you had to walk half way through the jail to get there.



And there's this lovely WALL around the whole perimeter.


Razor wire, towers, gas and guns, all the extras to make a house a home.
Or something.


There's razor wire everywhere, you just have to look.  I hope mine goes away, soon.

11 comments:

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I love her little cottage in the wildflowers, can't wait to see it finished, she looks like a lovely lady :)
I hope the headache soon goes away, I suffered from migranes for three years, and they left as mysteriously as they came !
The prison walls look so imtimidating to a law-abiding person, no so much to them on the inside.
Enjoyed your post...
~Jo

Country Girl said...

I was wondering how you were going to be able to get an MRI just by calling in the morning, but didn't want to say, and just wasn't sure. I am so glad you went to the chiropractor, Hilary. Relief has to come soon. Please, soon, for my friend.

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

Ah yes, the concussion:-/ I get so much relief from my chiropractor who uses the gentle manipulation. And I've been prescribed Flexeril in the past too. Hopefully getting the spine back in place and relaxing the muscles will do the trick.
I also worked at a prison, in the office, a looooooong time ago. Interesting, that's for sure.

claudia w said...

Leaving no stone unturned. I bet that chiropractor has the ticket. I hope it's that and you can forget about the MRI. Or will you go ahead with that just for good measure?
That place looks so cold and foreboding. I bet you are glad you aren't working there anymore.

JC said...

Good to hear that your ache is a bit better. I bet you have some stories to tell about where you worked. Let us know when you get the mri results.

Need A Latte Mom said...

Headaches suck! I had one yesterday and thought about you. Hang in there.

Daryl said...

GAH .. whatever is causing this I hope its gone before the red tape is cut . red tape can take a long time to unravel

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Oh, the views from that cottage!

And.. I think you're figuring out the headache and you're on the tright track. It takes a while, but once you know what you're treating, it slowly works and dissapates. Sometimes ice works better than heat, just so ya know.

And amen for the Flexeril. really.

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

That prison just looks mean!

I have suffered from migraines since age 13. When Imitrex came out ten years ago, I was blessed by something that finally worked. Maybe you could give it a try? Just a thought to get that nasty headache to go away. I feel for you :(
xo, misha

MarthaVA said...

Only a born New Yorker who hasn't lived there in quite awhile, can hear the sarcasm that shows in your blog posts now and then (esp when you're irritated). :-)

I hope you do find relief......from whatever you are able to get done!

Hugs
Martha

Karen Anne said...

How long are they going to make you wait for approval?

That's one reason I'm glad to be on Medicare, compared to my old insurance, approvals come through with the speed of light.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts