Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The show must go on....

Or something.
We are working hard to have all the stock we want for the upcoming events, but I feel like I am not doing my fair share.  I am operating in the midst of a fog.
Every morning I wake up and lie very still, hoping that my headache is gone.
I wait for the day.  It's gonna be RED LETTER.
Just sayin'.
I am not going to whine about it, I'm even sick of hearing myself mention it.  How bad is that?

Anyway, here is a roll of rugs hot off the loom that L is weaving on.


And here is my 'stack in progress'............I know, I better get busy.


Sweet Bottoms!!!!
I love the ends of them all stacked up.



I left the studio early, again.  I am such a slacker.  I had a few errands to run, and wanted to visit my cousin in the hospital, and well, you know.......I felt like crap.

My cousin has been to the ER many times in the last few months, with no resolution.  He has felt awful, looked awful, and was even disoriented and confused.  This morning, in the ER again, his heart stopped beating, twice, and he started seizing.  As horrible as that all sounds, at least there was a doctor leaning over him at the very moment it happened.
When I saw him in the recovery room this afternoon, with a brand new pacemaker installed, he looked  like his old self, and when I said I came to kick his butt, he laughed, and said, that finally, he felt like himself.
Gratitude comes in all sizes.  When you least expect it.  Mostly it comes when you need it.

What headache?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You STILL have that headache?? Time to take some action, speak to your doctor. This has gone on far too long.

That's great news about your cousin getting the pacemaker. My husband worked for Medtronic in Tempe, AZ and wrote the test programs that test the parts that go into their pacemakers.. awesome eh?

Cait Throop said...

Geez...what is with that headache???!! And hey sometimes we have to whine! Hope your cousin is better--how frightening!

Hilary said...

I'm glad that your cuz is okay. As for you.. you're even outdoing my headache record. Stop that right now! Headache be gone! How's that?

Linda Sue said...

Perhaps those stunning colours and textures became overload visually and your head popped! Beautiful!!
Be well! We demand it!

Country Girl said...

Did I just hear you say you were a slacker?

Are you freaking kidding me?!!!!

Glad to hear your cousin is on the mend. Wow.

SpinMeAYarn said...

if you still have that headache you need to get it checked out, i would say, don't leave it go, it's important to look after ourselves too you know,
just sayin...
those rugs are yummy
i think one of the reasons i keep coming back here is the COLOURS!
wonderful colours, as well as wonderful writing,
thank you
liz in Ireland

claudia w said...

I can only mimic everyone else...please go and bug your doctor about your headache. You should not be suffering with it this long.
Glad to hear that your cousin is better. Good ol' pacemakers...did my dad a world of good!
Love your colors! Still loving my "Rainbow Bottom"!!!

Sharon said...

OMG, you are so insanely busy. What do you think retirement will look like for you?

Valerie said...

So sorry that the headache continues. Just wondering...do you wear a dust mask when messing with the loopers, etc. Do you think that the dust/lint/ etc. could be a contributing factor?

Daryl said...

Headaches are horrific, you have my deepest sympathy .. Toonman has had a cold/stuff nose/runny nose/cough on/off now for months and his doctor insists its allergies .. sigh

Christine said...

LOL, I have to agree with Country Girl.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts