Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

At last.

Once again, I am unproductive.
But that's OK, the most important thing on my schedule today was my doctor's appointment.
I was anxious to get there, so I was early.
Did you ever have a scope put up your nose??  It sounds worse than it actually was.  And besides, I was up for whatever would give me some answers.
The scope revealed that I do not have an infection, and probably never did.
From my history, the upshot is that I have had a HUGE allergic reaction to the dusty selvedge I was working with about a month ago.  My sinus cavities have become swollen, and the inflammation has run riot.  The prednisone I got from my primary was a good idea, it just wasn't enough prednisone.  The decongestants may have actually made my situation worse.
Now I am on the MOTHERLODE of Prednisone, and a steroid nasal spray, plus an antihistamine that I should probably be on forever.  If I am not better by MONDAY, I only have to call, and the MRI is already ordered.
You can bet I picked up the medications on the way home, along with a sick grandson.
We decided it was a nice day for a little walk to the ice cream store.


It was a beautiful, sunny day, and shirt sleeve weather, once again.
YAY.


And you know Roy is always up for a walk.


Dobert's makes their own ice cream, and Blue Moon is a favorite of all my grandkids.
I personally like Pumpkin Nut.


I didn't make it to the studio at all, it just wasn't going to happen.
I feel badly, cause it's LOIS's BIRTHDAY.
Her birthday present is in the back seat of my car, and she said she is ok waiting until tomorrow.

Happy Birthday, Lois.....you're the best!!!!!!!



I am hoping that today is the beginning of feeling better. I  am SO ready.

Being sick just knocks the life out of you.

Sometimes naps are the only answer.


Until tomorrow.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pumpkin nut would rank right up there at the top of my flavor list!

I'm so glad that you received some answers. Sinuses can really mess with a person's well being and attitude.... it just downright HURTS when they are messing with you. Hoping all these meds do the trick and get you back to feeling like you again. :-)) Kudos to your doctor!!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

With DI said, exactly. What a nice walking neighborhood you live in!

Connie in Hartwood said...

The idea of a scope up my nose and I feel an uncontrollable sneezing fit coming on. Thank goodness you have your answer, and a plan of attack, and I hope you are finally on the mend.

Hilary said...

I'm so glad you found a doc who knows what to do.. and that it will make a huge difference... fast!

Your boy is a beauty. I hope he's feeling better soon, too.

Teri said...

Glad you got an answer and I guess you will be wearing a mask whenever you work with that fabric.

Susan said...

Hope you are feeling well again soon! Nice that you had some sympathetic company today...

Happy Birthday Lois!

Susan

Gayle said...

Yaaaaaaay that you have some answers! Darling gk!! I wanna walk down your beautiful tree lined street!
"Come on, Roy."

Cait Throop said...

Happy Birthday, Lois!!! She is a hard worker, that one! The weather here has been amazing, too...feels more like Sept!! I'm so glad you are getting proper treatment...it's no fun being sick and this is a busy time of year besides! What an adorable grandson!

MarthaVA said...

Hoping you're on the fast track to getting much better! Hope the ice cream made you and grandson (such a cutie) feel better.
How interesting about the selvage that probably caused all this.....I've had a LOT of trouble with my sinuses the last year....and I've been weaving about a year....and when I'm upstairs weaving, my nose drives me nuts with itching and running....hmmmmmm......

claudia w said...

I hope you and your grandson are much better soon!

JC said...

I hope your new meds help you. I have unfortunately had that procedure done to me.

Donna S. said...

I hope this is the answer for you.

What a sweet picture of your grandson.

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

I was reading your last post and I have a little two year old tail-puller(grandson) living in my house right now! My mom's old ginger cat, Chester, is living with us too since he couldn't go with her to the dementia unit--he runs when he sees the tail puller coming! lol
Glad you got your sinus problem figured out! I couldn't live without my Flonase!
V

Nan said...

What a beautiful child! AND so glad you seem to be getting some help. Rest well tonight and may tomorrow be a new beginning for you....full of hope and feeling better

Sharon said...

I take four forms of antihistamine a day. Welcome to my world. I love that last photo, a picture of innocence.

Marsel said...

Glad you got some answers -- hope you are feeling much better soon.

Anonymous said...

My first visit to our blog and how lovely. I also have had sinus problems in the past leaving me very miserable and frustrated. While I have meds on hand I also keep my sinus cavity clean with my Neti Pot. I could not live without my Neti Pot. Using it has helped me to use less meds and going months without flonase or anything. Hope you feel better soon. Neti Pot's are affordable at your local CVS

Anonymous said...

My Bad, I have read on and see you have tried the Neti Pot. Sorry. Love your blog!!!
Barbara

Restless Knitter said...

Happy Birthday to Lois!

I'm sorry you've been having so much pain lately. I hope you are feeling better very soon.

Daryl said...

Did you check out those air filtering machines? Glad that you are on the right path toward getting this headache gone ..

Reena said...

Totally a nap day ... love that lost photo!

linda said...

Happy belated birthday to L!
Hope this finds you on the mend ~ it's about time, isn't it?

Country Girl said...

Happy Birthday to Lois. And to you, my dear, wishes for the medicine to work its magic sooner rather than later.

That last photo is priceless.

Pumpkin nut?

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts