Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Sunday, November 6, 2011

You're never too old.

Thanks for all your encouragement.  I have listened gratefully.   I am convinced that it is my sinuses that are causing me all this misery.  After my painful experience with the Neti pot, my head started to drain.   The last few days the headache has increased and decreased with intensity during the day.   I can't really figure out why.
I am pretty sure that my sinuses are not happy with my shenanigans.....i.e. weaving with dusty selvedge.
That and a late frost, and allergies, may have tipped my nasal cavities over the edge.

I have been cleaning loopers, with a mask on, so we can make enough kits to get through this busy season.

Today was the beginning of my new schedule.  Usually I am out the door every morning about 8:30, on my way to the studio, which is about 8 miles from my house.  I work all day, and when I get home at 4:30, I take Roy for his walk....and mine.  I used to go after dinner, but as the days have gotten shorter, I have tried to go before dinner.
But now the time has changed, and it is going to be dark when I get home at that time.
So today, we got up and went for  a morning walk.  Starting today, we will walk every morning, and I will get to the studio about 10am, and stay til 5 or 5:30.  
One thing I noticed today......I have a whole lot more energy walking in the morning.  The challenge is going to be keeping it up as it gets colder and colder.

I took myself for a little drive this afternoon, it was such a sunny, gorgeous day.

I am particularly listening to my body, and to the reminder that, once again, I am pushing myself pretty hard.



I am making  a plan to change things up in ONE MONTH.
After the "big show" on Nov 18th, 19th, and 20th, and THEN the Country Christmas Open House on the first weekend in December, I am going to do something different.
Do I know what?
Heck, no.  
I only know that I will figure it out.  Take suggestions.  Brainstorm it.  Sleep on it.  Mull it over.  Ruminate. Come up with it.


Times change.  Things evolve.  Sometimes you just have have to be open to what could happen.

 
I know one thing, I am always learning.  I guess that's a good thing.


Roy was so confused after walking 4 miles first thing in the morning, that when I came home this afternoon, he had moved my sneaker from the kitchen door, to the couch.
There's a message here.

Right, Roy???

11 comments:

spindrift,maine said...

That dog is a sage. Roy's going to get some part of you on that couch! Get some rest, Hillary! Feel better soon.

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

I imagine Roy knows things about you that you don't know yourself.

Sue said...

Maybe he's angling for another walk? He sounds like such a neat dog. Glad you found each other.

Continue to heal, and thanks for the gorgeous pics!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

He's telling you to put your feet up !
Awesome shots of the corn field, and hoping you are soon on the mend ...
~Jo

claudia w said...

Beautiful pics again. the color there is gorgeous! I am hoping that you will be feeling better SOON! Listen to Roy...he is in your life for a reason.

Anonymous said...

I admire that you still take Roy out, even feeling a little down, and you still take time to take those stunning photos. It will get better, I have hope and best wishes for you.

Karen Anne said...

I'm new to your blog. I suggest you go to an ENT and ask if a sinus cat scan is appropriate. They can do that right in the office and it will show if you have a sinus problem.

They can also scope things out (gross alert) threading a thing down through your nose to look around lower. Takes about five minutes.

That would have saved me months of taking useless antibiotics and allergy meds and messing with sinuses this summer when the problem was reflux getting up that high.

Nothing like going to a doctor who actually knows what they're doing instead of basically guessing.

Valerie said...

That Roy sure is a smart dog!

Just wondering if you have tried alternate nostril breathing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxEqooqgCEs

I'm a long time sinus sufferer, and after the neti post, this helps a lot.

Also....I'm not sure what you're putting in the neti pot. But I use water that has been boiled (and let to cool to room temp.) 1 cup water with 1/8 tsp of kosher salt (no iodized table salt) and a pinch of baking soda. I use 1/2 cup of water for each nostril. Many of the online recipes I've seen call for much more salt....yowie!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I guess Roy likes his afternoon walks better!

Daryl said...

I suspect its your sinuses combined with allergies, this has been the worst allergy season .. look into an air cleaning machine .. we've got two we bought about 8 yrs ago .. they really help. We got ours from a company called Gezhuntite (not sure if I am spelling it correctly) but they're not in business these days . Google air filter/air cleaning machines ... ours are about 18 inches tall .. and have a HEPA filter.

KarenInTheWoods said...

Toooo funny on Roy. He is trying to get your attention and I would imagine wanting to know what happened to his afternoon walk???

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts