Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Forging ahead.

These things I know:

Sometimes you have to be your own best advocate when it comes to your health.  The MRI is still not approved, and by the time it is, I may find out I don't need it.

Today was the BEST DAY I have had in ONE month.  Hallelujah, and AMEN.  My chiropractor is my brand new hero.  He is the best.  I am going twice more this week.  Heating pad on my neck as I type. Flexeril waiting for my bedtime.

My headache is low grade, totally bearable, and I am a happy camper.

My gut feeling to get my eyes checked turned out to be a good one.  I went today at 3:30, and was shocked to find that my left eye has changed dramatically, from 20/20 to 20/60.   Could that have contributed to this headache......oh, yeah.
So I ordered new glasses, and I have to search the house for my MANY old pairs of glasses that I put on whenever I feel so moved.  I will pick at least one pair I really like, and get new lenses put in them.  It never hurts to have a spare pair anyway.

I was actually somewhat productive today.  OMG, it felt SO good.  SO normal.


I pray that this is the way to get back there.....to normal.  I took my day to day routine for granted, until it was unavailable to me on so many levels.
Then I knew what I was missing.   

Today I felt the beginnings of excitement about just being at the studio, something I honestly have not had since this headache started.
A little voice in my head keeps saying, "Whiplash.  Seriously. Who knew?"





15 comments:

Cait Throop said...

phew...so happy that you are back to functioning and feeling at least some better! You have us all worried that's for sure! Three cheers for that little stirring of excitement!!!! Whiplash??!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, come to think of it, you took quite a fall a while back and perhaps it just took a while to manifest itself. I was so happy to hear you had a good day today!

Deb said...

I'm so happy to hear that you are finally getting some relief. I am all for the Chiropractor. I was a Chiropractic Assistant for many years. Hugs, Deb=^..^=x4

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

Chiropractors (good ones) are Da Bomb!!! I've needed them at times in my life and they have helped tremendously. Glad you had a good day.

Delighted Hands said...

Glad you are on the mend! Hooray!

Country Girl said...

Breathing a sigh of relief here.

MarthaVA said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lona said...

Fist-pump (and I am *so* not a fist-pump type of person)!

Unknown said...

Yay! Happy feet dance!!

Hilary said...

Oh what a relief.. may it keep on improving.

Gayle said...

Oh yaaaaaaaaaaaay for you!

Joy said...

I wouldn't have thought a head bump that happened what seems like forever ago could have ramifications now...?... Hm. Who'd a thunk it? Glad to hear you are finally getting relief! Isn't feeling normal glorious? Yay! Have a great day!

linda said...

Happy to hear tht you're on the mend!

Daryl said...

I wish I'd known about the whiplash, I'd have told you to see the chiro ASAP .. and the new glasses I suspect will also help .. eons ago I had this headache that seemed only to happen in the office .. I began joking that I must really hate it since my head aches all day except when I went out to lunch .. guess why? I had my eyes checked after a friend suggested maybe that was part of the problem .. I was wearing contact lenses in those days. Turned I needed reading glasses (or a change from regular contacts to bi-focal contacts) .. who knew? Not I. Got half readers to wear with/over the contacts when I was in the office and headache vanished ..

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better.
Deb from Cobleskill

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts