Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Looking ahead.

I came home from the studio today, sputtering and muttering.
I announced, "I am annoyed."
DH wanted to know why.
So I told him about the towel warp that I have spent two days on, that still has mistakes, and still is not ready to weave on.
Oh, says he, is that the warp you are doing just for fun????

I am resisting the temptation to get in the car and drive right back there, and FIX IT.
I cannot even type the epithets that come to mind.
ACK.
The warp from hell.
And I don't even know what my problem was, other than I just screwed up.
Yup, tis true. I am IMPERFECT.

When I am feeling particularly useless, I look at some pictures I have on my lap top. They always make me feel better.
They are proof positive to me, that I am OK, after all. Warp or no warp.

From Crazy as a Loom

I guess I have shown you these before.
But they are worth repeating.
Sometimes I ask myself how I got this lucky.
Three beautiful daughters. Wow.
And they are beautiful on the inside, as well.
They don't weave, but I mean everyone has faults, right?
I still love them.
And there's time. Plenty of time.
From Crazy as a Loom







9 comments:

LA said...

You never know when that weaving bug will bite...sometimes it just takes throwing the shuttle for the first time. Yep...count your blessings.

Gail said...

Hubby said it, it is for fun!

Beautiful girls.

Anonymous said...

They are just the loveliest girls. I know you are proud, Hilary... rightfully so.

DI

Hilary said...

They are indeed beauties and you have every reason to be proud. :)

T said...

You have 3 beautiful blessings!

KarenInTheWoods said...

What a bumper crop of American Beauties you have raised!

Tina J said...

Beautiful girls Hilary! My 31 year old daughter recently asked me if this Loom stuff was going to be around in a couple of years.

Country Girl said...

Must be in the air because I was exasperated tonight. But for me it was Photoshop. Oh, I wanted to pull my hair out. So I know what you mean.
Beautiful girls.

Sharon said...

You must have caught my bad warp karma - I whupped it today thought. Hope you whup yours tomorrow.

Your girls are gorgeous - such a pretty trio!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts