Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Don't go


I know....you probably think I've been laying around lately, doing nothing. Resting on my laurels.
From Crazy as a Loom


Well, just because I haven't been blogging, does not mean I have been lallygagging around.
(don't ya' love that word??)
From Crazy as a Loom

I have actually been a little quiet, because I have been thinking. Pensive. See my pensive look.
From Crazy as a Loom


Didn't think I could do it, did you??
Well, I can.
I can also be quite playful, in spite of my age.
Check it out.
From Crazy as a Loom

But seriously, I have been thinking about........come closer..............so I can whisper.............................why I blog.
From Crazy as a Loom

Why do I do it? What motivates me? Do people really read it, or do I fool myself? Is it all just so much blather. I have been thinking about it all day.
All of this, I must admit, brought to mind when I heard that one of my favorite bloggers was calling it quits. I feel like I am losing a friend. I want to scream....NO, don't GO. But of course, I can't do that. And I wouldn't want to interfere with someone giving up their blog, if that was really what they wanted to do. But this blogger has a voice, a very special voice,and it reverberated to me, every time. I find myself missing the place where it was. Does that make sense?
Blogging, for me, has turned out to be a way that I connect with a part of myself that is usually quiet. And it is a good thing. It feels good to write myself up on these pages. And if someone out there likes what I am doing, all the better. Good energy, all the way.
And just in case my blogger friend, who is no more, should happen to sneak online and read this entry, this is what I have to say to you.
With nothing but good thoughts, of course.
From Crazy as a Loom
Unless, of course, you want to change your mind. Then I could be persuaded to post more playful pics. If you like.
And I won't stick my tongue out at you anymore.










12 comments:

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I gave up bloggin for five days. Five. And for good reason! BUT.. I missed it.. and my new blogging friends so much, that I started a new one again. We become friends across the miles and continents and even just fields.. but it becomes important, a way to connect. I hope you don't give up any time soon. Sorry that you are losing a blog(friend).

LA said...

I understand what you're saying....I would really miss your "voice" if you decided to stop blogging! I look forward to reading your stories about your Dad, and all the wonderful things you are doing in your studio. Blogging has become a way to connect with others who enjoy each others company!

Country Girl said...

And you were thinking you didn't have anything to say?
This post speaks volumes, my friend. Very nicely done.

weaverpat said...

Hi Hilary,
I'll miss that one too!
I guess we all have our reasons. It's a way of connecting with people we would never have had a chance to meet otherwise.

A message for Miss Puss- you are a vision of lovliness!
Having a good photographer doesn't hurt a girl's image either.

JC said...

I look at your blog ... when I can. Don't always comment though ...

Don't stop ... love the cat on your rug photos !!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your friend is leaving Bloggyland. I have been at it a couple of years and sometimes wonder what it will take to bring me to a halt. You may be stuck with me forever! Oh no... say it ain't so!!

Di

Delighted Hands said...

We all need to ask why we blog and why we visit other blogs....good to ask questions and linger long enough to answer them.

Hilary said...

I love this post.. your cats are gorgeous and I share your sentiments..

Gayle said...

Love your blog, your writing, your rugs, your porch, your "dad" stories, and your darling, DARLING kitties. LOOOOOOVE the kitties.
TY,
Gayle

Anonymous said...

Like most of your readers, I've never commented on your posts, but you might like to know that when I log onto the computer your site is always one of the top 3 sites I visit, and I check in nearly every day. I enjoy your stories, perspectives, rugs, photos, kitties so much. When you were awol awhile back (something health-related), I kept checking into your log. Finally when you wrote again I was so relieved that you were ok. So please don't go!

Anonymous said...

I love thinking about you, there in your warm house, doing what you love. Makes me think I could do it someday.

Keep blogging.

Karen said...

Hi Hilary, enjoyed this post, especially the cat photos. Am looking forward to seeing the finished porch!!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts