Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Friday, May 21, 2010

Booooorrrrrrrrrringgggggggggg

From Crazy as a Loom


I know, I am boring. At least I feel boring. I especially feel like a dud when I post pictures of the same old things...just in different colors.
And worse yet, different angles.....of the same thing............

From Crazy as a Loom

I wouldn't blame you if you clicked right off this blog, and went looking for something DIFFERENT.
Lord.
Wait, wait....I got something......a big, fat, donut roll.
From Crazy as a Loom

Can't fool ya', can I? You've seen it all.....rugs, placemats, cats, cats, cats..........looms, views on the loom, under the loom. An old house, an old weaver.
Sigh.
This blogging thing can leave you exhiliarated one day, when you post great pictures, and the text just flows.............or it can leave you feeling like an old, wet dish cloth........when the pictures are more of the same, and the words don't seem all that interesting.
So, I guess I will leave you tonight, to your own devices.
Besides, I am busy thinking up something else that will probably drive my poor husband to the nut house.
Life's short, ya' know?


12 comments:

karen said...

Well girl...these aren't boring.....they're fantastic. How lucky to be so damn talented!
Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Did you ever stop to think that maybe it's your words we keep coming back for? Although the pics of your weaving skills are quite lovely too.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Franny V said...

The first picture reminds me of something. I remember many years ago, there was a weaving studio in the building where I would eat lunch. The building was built around a 2-story atrium and the studio was right across from the deli. The women who had the studio would make these amazing jackets. They would take strips of fabric and weave them strip by strip so the design of the fabric would be the almost the same after it was woven. The looms were in the window and I would sit in the atrium an watch them as I ate. I was almost late for work a few times because I would be so enthralled with the weavers.

Don't quit with pictures or words. I visit this blog daily. You are living my dream.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

LOL.. hardly boring... and I have something new for your to blog about!... pick up your award at my blog.. I do enjoy your ramblings. :-)

Anonymous said...

Your pictures inspire me and I just want to touch my screen to feel the textures of all those unique angles you take of the rugs'n stuff.

I confess I check your blog daily for a glimpse into your and a little weaving inspiration for my life so keep blogging!

You are living the dream!

re'New said...

I think sometimes that boring means no big drama in your life.... Lucky girl!

The loom pics are never boring to me~ or the cat pics, or the house pics, etc. etc. It's not boring when the life you show us is not our own.

Gayle said...

Nope. Can't get rid of us. We like coming here. I love the new "headboard"......love the rugs, the stories.......but most of all, I LOVE the pics of the kitties.
Thanks for sharing w/us.
Gayle

Delighted Hands said...

Are you bored with weaving? It is the same old thing; warping, cutting, winding,throwing shuttles.....Well, if you aren't bored by the new color possiblilities, the new textures, a different loom-why would you think we would be?! Silly to worry over boring and weaving in the same post!

bspinner said...

I feel exactly the way Maggie's Garden. You are anything but boring!!!!!! I always lool forward to reading your blog.


Suppose we all feel the same way. I try so hard to think of different things to but on my blog too. Doesn't always work that way thou.

Hilary said...

nope...I never find you boring... and always colourful!

Cait Throop said...

Nooooo, not boring. Soothing, insightful, human and lovely. xo Cait

Sharon said...

Oh that is so interesting. I don't think I've seen a rag rug from a single fabric. With the striped warp - very effective. Did you put two shots on the weft in each shed?

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts