Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Monday, February 23, 2009

Gratitude

Yesterday I read a post by a guy named Rick.
It moved me more than I can say. Brought me back 16 years ago to my first Al Anon meeting.
I don't think about that time often, but every now and then something shifts, and I am right there again. It almost feels like it all happened in another lifetime.
My life is so different now. There is no drama, and only the usual worries that we all have from day to day.
If I had to give that Hilary back then advice, from where I am now, I would tell her that she could CHOOSE something different. I would tell her that there is no good reason to stay in such misery. I would remind her that working two jobs isn't the answer. And most of all, I would tell her that any love that is not given freely, is not worth having.
I would take her to a meeting.

Which brings me to these two little girls.
And the power of gratitude.
Whenever I am disgruntled, or discouraged, I look for something to be grateful for. With these two around, I don't have far to look.
The other day, Ava threw her arms around me, and said, "Mimi, you smell GREAT!" It doesn't get better than that.






4 comments:

Mare said...

Oh your girls are beautiful! And they love their Mimi....

Anonymous said...

Grandchildren are just sooo rewarding.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Hilary said...

Those kidlets are gorgeous. I'm glad your life has improved so vastly.

Hilary said...

It has, oh my, there is no comparison.
Again, I am grateful.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts