Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Energy, or the lack thereof.

Today, we spent the morning at the studio, again. They played, "store".......with a real cash register, now how can you hate that?????
And I cut fabric.

Then the girls had a birthday party at "Explore", a place that caters just to kids under 10 years old. It was a 3 hour experience of 50, yes, count them, 50, kids......... screaming and running and jumping and laughing. What can I say????
My daughters owe me BIG.
My son in law sent me a text, saying he would meet me at 2 TOMORROW to get the girls.
I sent him a text....."why do you hate me?"
I am kidding, mostly. The girls are sweet, and they are lovable, and experiencing them is a privilege.

I don't usually like pictures of myself, but this one of the three of us at Aimee's Dinner and a Movie, is not bad. We asked the owner to take it for us, and he did.
Tonight we are having spagetti and meatballs, my husband's specialty. And I am going to rent the girls a movie.....they are trying to decide what movie they want to watch. Right now, my 84 year old mother is amusing them......and I am very grateful. I need a bit of a break.
This is all part of my adjusting my life to embrace SEMI retirement. Giving up nursing, and weaving full time. With real days off, and time to spend with my family.
Every time I get a little antsy, and think about what I should be doing, or what think I should be doing, I remind myself that this is the beginning of a different time of my life. And it is going to be good.

5 comments:

Life Looms Large said...

Sounds like a fun, and tiring, day!!

I find, the more I get used to not working, the better I get at it!!! Practice I say!! (It is a big transition - but you'll figure it out!!)

Sue

Hilary said...

Thanks, Sue.....I committed to figuring it out.

Hilary said...

You're a brave woman. Fifty kidlets? I'm tired just thinking about it. How wonderful for the four generations in your family. You folks are very fortunate and blessed.

Anonymous said...

50 kids? OH... not me. Two or three at a time just blows my eardrums out.. lol

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Country Girl said...

I like the photo mosaic! And kids definitely wear you out, don't they?

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts