Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Wednesday, July 26, 2023

The Big Reveal

 My sewing room was too crowded.  I was crunched into the corner with my sewing machine, and every time I moved my chair, it got stuck on the heat grate.
I realized that I was trying to make that one room work for several different things.

On the encouragement of a friend, I decided finally to do some moving.

Here is the "old" sewing room,  and its new look, with actual floor space, and it feels so good.



I can't believe that I haven't done this long ago.



Part of my plan to get more iron in my diet, is to include fortified cereals.
I never knew that some cereals, Total, Honey Nut Bunches of Oats, Multi grain
Cheerios, and others, have 16 to 18g of iron per cup.

So cereal with almond milk it is.

And yes, that's Willie watching me,  because he's never far away.


The sewing room was  moved, a little bit at a time.



This cupboard had to be emptied to make room for sewing paraphernalia.




And voila!  My new sewing nook.   It's really perfect, and I love it.
The light is amazing.




"Desert Twilight"
That's the name my FB followers chose for this hand dyed warp.

It's time to get dyeing again.




So the other day, when my energy was up, I decided to cut some knotweed and locusts that 
were blocking the view of the road, when pulling out of the driveway.  I was going to 
do about 6 feet, and then another 6 feet the next day, and more every day.

Unfortunately, in the process I got stabbed with a cut locust tree.   It punctured my ankle, and got my attention right away.  It bled a lot, and it hurt a lot.
I came in and poured peroxide on it, and dressed it.
But still, two days later, it was red, and swollen, and hot.
And it throbbed.

So I made my way to Urgent Care, and got a tetanus shot,  and a script for antibiotics, 
along with instructions to elevate the ankle for a couple of days.

Oh, yay.





So here I am,  Elevating my leg.   Someone has decided to take over.

I told you, he's never far away.





3 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

My word, just moving the thread spools was a feat of engineering. I'm sorry about your injury; I hope it mends soon!

Rita said...

Sooo sorry about your leg...but the sewing room looks absolutely fantastic!!!
It is nice to have a true companion. :)

Peg Cherre said...

I like the way you inserted physical iron intake with the ironing board and iron in your sewing nook. Perfect!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts