Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Monday, November 8, 2021

A little of everything.

I know Halloween is long gone, but I am still smitten with my daughter's handiwork.  She made all three costumes, and they were perfect.


Meet Wednesday Addams.  Complete with the "look".
 



And a very happy little ghost.


And this poor little zombie with a knife through his head!!!!!



I spent Saturday with these three, and loved every minute of it.  They completely wore me out.


But I have to confess, that the day after, weaving alone with two dogs, I was thankful for the quiet.





Getting back to feeling pretty productive in the studio.



Right now I'm working on a 25 yard warp of towels.





With the time change, the dogs and I are up at 5:30.   They go out, then they come back in for a little early morning snooze.
That doesn't last a real long time, because there is a lot of bitey face that needs to happen.




They are totally silly, and I have no idea what I would do without them.

This year, like last, was a year of no shows.   I am kind of surprised that it doesn't really bother me.
Sometimes change sneaks up on you,  and I think that has happened to me.  I was forced to slow down after my knee replacement, and getting back up to speed has been slow.
Maybe I will feel differently about shows next year, but somehow I doubt it.  

Outside chores have been about completed, and I'm getting myself geared up for 
the season.    There are always so many things to do.....I am never at a loss to keep myself occupied.

Retirement is time for all those things you love to do, and never, ever had enough time for.

That's where I'm at.   It's a pretty good feeling.

Five months after my knee replacement, finally, this week, I can walk down a flight of stairs like a normal person, instead of one stair at a time.   

Eureka!!!!!!!  Suddenly I think a normal knee is in my future.











2 comments:

Peg Cherre said...

Hip hip hooray! No-knee knee hooray! 😁
Good to hear from you. My fav of the costumes was Wednesday. I wouldn’t have known that was your sweet granddaughter.

claudia said...

Those grands are definitely scary! Your daughter is so talented.
I am happy to hear that you have a good knee now. I'm putting off getting my knee checked. One reason is the covid thing, I haven't stepped foot into a doctor's office but once at the beginning of this whole thing and another is the fear of surgery. UGH!
Loving seeing your warp on the loom! Pretty colors.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts