Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Balance



I can't think about the weather.
She says.
Shivering.
I am making plans for next week.  It's the only way I can cope.
Monday, mixed color warp for a 7' x 11' rug.
Tuesday and Wednesday, weave big rug with L.
Thursday and Friday, up for grabs.....maybe some summer rugs on an off white warp.
Maybe another lodge rug on the Cranbrook.
Maybe some overdue cleaning and straightening up.
Maybe lunch at El Mexicano.
Monday, new show with Kathy Bates.  I love her.
Tuesday, American Idol?  Not sure about that this year.  Too many changes may not be good.  Or maybe it has run its course.  But the Good Wife is on, so that's OK.
And I am on a hat knitting kick.  Five so far, just watching TV in the evening, knitting like a maniac.

So I can do next week.  I can get through it.  One week closer to spring.
Oh, yeah, spring.  I have a stack of old gardening magazines, and I think it is just about time to get them out.  This year I am going to spend some time in the garden.  So I need to make plans.
I realized that my success at the studio in 2010 was due to my single mindedness about it.  I worked very hard, and what I need this year is some balance.
All work and no play made Jack a dull boy.
You heard that one, right?
And other than the thunder outside right now, which is eerie in this frigid weather, I am feeling pretty dull.
Balance.
That's the word for today.
For this year.








1 comment:

claudia said...

We had some unseasonably warm weather here yesterday. After all our really, really (for us) cold last week, we have people complaining about the heat. (probably all of 60 degrees!) I guess we Californians are a fickle bunch.
Have a great week!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts