Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Friday, January 28, 2011

Sunshine in a dish!!!!

Roba Dolce!!!!!!


On a cold and wintry afternoon, the Fed Ex truck pulled in.   I knew what it was when I saw the box.  I said to my cousin and "L"........Girls, this is OUR lucky day.
Roba Dolce is here!!!!
It was packed in dry ice, and frozen solid, so we had to let our choices sit for a bit, til they were soft enough to eat.
"L" is a absolute chocoholic, so she had the chocolate gelato.  My cousin had the pistachio.
But I had the coconut.  It was creamy and oh so coco-nutty.




I would have to say that 'hands down', this is my favorite dessert EVER.
OMG, Karen, thank you, thank you.
I urge you ALL to click on the icon at the top of the page, and find out where you can get some of your own.  
It is SO much better than ice cream.....hard to describe.  The flavors are so intense.
Now, if they will just make my Horchata!!!

Still making tote bags today, took TEN off the loom, the beach bag size.  Want to do 10 more before I start sewing them up.  It takes a lot more time to finish them than it does to weave them.  Hopefully, I will have some pictures for you soon.

Thanks for the tip about the 'adult' size hula hoop.  I don't feel quite so bad.

And I have to share this with you.......Valerie over at Fiberewetopia sent me the link to this You Tube video, to show me that Bubbalee isn't that much of a challenge after all.



Now get out there and get yourself some Roba Dolce!!


4 comments:

Hilary said...

Pistachio! Sounds yummy..

That cat has no idea she can even have a life outside of that tree. She'd be lounging under one of your looms by now if she was up in your tree.. and that accepting of the human touch.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful video of the cat... what a special person he is to just let the cat stay there in the tree. No need to move her.

DI

Country Girl said...

Oh, I loved this video. And never heard of this dish. Thanks, Hilary - they sound delish.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Hilary - is there any way you can ask the folks that make your beloved Horchata what's in it? We're kinda intrigued. What would you say the flavor is? There's nothing like it around here (CT). And thanks for posting that awesome button!!! Isn't she grand, that blue ridge gal?

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts