Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Sunday, June 5, 2011

In the quiet

When I got to the studio this morning, later than usual, I thought I saw something out behind the shed.
I was able to sneak up on it, with my zoom lens.  It could have been a rabbit, or a wood chuck.

But no, it was just Bubbalee.


Apparently the hormonal surge is over.  She is quietly hunting out in the tall grass.
OOPS.
She saw me.


The neighbors across the street, who own Pete aka Bunnynose, are trying to catch her.  She has been wandering in and out of their house, and they have been paying her no mind, hoping she will let her guard down long enough to get her in my crate.
I will happily pay her vet bill.  
I wonder if she knows how much she is cared about.
Probably not.
Her fat and healthy babies all have homes, save one.   And we're working on that.


Time to get my kayaks out.  If I have them ready, I am more likely to take the time off to go.

I want to savor the good weather while it's here, so when autumn comes, I won't feel that I have missed out on something.
Life is short.  I want to make the most of all of it.

Right now I am going to have a cuppa mint tea, and one of the delicious date filled cookies I just made, and start reading the new book I just downloaded to my Kindle.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for an uneventful week.
Uneventful is good.









9 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

here here! hopes for uneventful... (except for catching that Bubbalee!)

Candy Duell said...

Things are calming down for you Hillary. Don't you just love your reader??!! I have a reader, and have read more in the last few months, than I have in years.

claudia w said...

I love my Kindle. My girls thought I was crazy for buying it, but I have a book Or rathere several books with me where ever I go and that is always a good thing. Most of the books I have gotten are classics and free!
I love the thought of things calming down for you there. And yes, kayaking is a good thing. I always told everyone that the kayak is better than any psychatrist or chill pills. I gotta get mine out and get some racks on my truck this year! I am missing it.

Gayle said...

Definitel wishing uneventful for you.
Received an e-reader for Christmas---love it.

Deb said...

Hope you have lots of time to relax. But, after you have relaxed, could you share that date cookie recipe with us? Hugs, Deb=^..^=x4

Country Girl said...

Fingers crossed here for you, too. Lovely photo of the coast. Maine, yes?

Hilary said...

I hope your biggest event results in Bubbalee and a planned vet visit.

Andie said...

Good luck with Bubbalee! Kayaks are wonderful, we bought them last year and our boys tried them out last weekend, we couldn't get them out of them! Hope you are able to get out on yours soon!

Cait Throop said...

Ahhhh kayaks...that picture of the water has me yearning! And hoping for Bubbalee's future!!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts