Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Friday, November 5, 2010

You need a kitten, don't you?

Remember these two???
From november

The very sweet girl that has had them for four weeks brought them for a visit today. A friend of mine was there and we hoped she might want one or both of them.
Momma kitty comes up on the porch every morning to eat, then she goes under the door to the loft of the barn.
She is a smart girl.
From november

She is snuggled down in the middle of bags of selvedge, out of the wind. She lets us get close, but not too close. She seems to be watching us with more interest lately, and less anxiety.
I am still bent on ending her promiscous ways. She can live outside all she wants, and I will feed her, and give her shelter. But no more little ones.
I used to call her Bubba, when she first came around. That was before I saw the babies. I guess now I should call her Bubbalee, or Bubbles.
She is too serious to be Bubbles, though.
I have been playing around with some lace weight wool I have, plying it with other yarns.
Why? you ask.
I guess just because I can, and I am curious what I can make out of it.
From november

I have a lot of it, so I am looking to ply lots of it.

In the spirit of self examination.........as in "What's it all about, Alfie?"
here are some quotes that I really like.

"What I want is what I've not got, what I need is all around me."
Dave Matthews

"A man who carries a cat by the tail, learns something he can learn in no other way."
Mark Twain

"We work in the dark — we do what we can — we give what we have. Our doubt is our passion and our passion is our task. The rest is the madness of art. "
Henry James

"I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."
Henry David Thoreau

Oh, and Weaving Whiz...........how's about you come on up here and show me your weaving skills, eh? I'll even buy you dinner at your favorite, Red Lobster, and maybe some Blue Moon ice cream?
Love,
Your Mimi










6 comments:

re'New said...

Bubba? That's what our former school bus driver called my son- The bus driver goes to our church and still calls him Bubba - and asks him how his girlfriend is - you know - Bubbalicious?

Anonymous said...

in the spirit of quoting the great one.
'You have to know what you want to get it.' Gertrude Stein
'One must dare to be happy.' Gertrude Stein
'There is no such thing as repetition. Only insistence.' gertrude Stein
'Anything one does everyday is important and imposing and anywhere one lives is interesting and beautiful.' Gertrude Stein L

Gail said...

I love these colors.

Thanks for caring for the cat.

SpinMeAYarn said...

What about Baboushka? i think it's Russian for an old lady, not implying that she is an old lady, but if she is too serious for Bubbles and has had at least one litter, then she is a lady now, yeah?
I got the word from a song by Kate Bush from the 80's, by the way.
Good luck finding homes for the kitties! most especially good luck trying to get Mamma kitty neutered.
regards
liz

claudia said...

Those kitties will surely find a wonderful forever home. They are so cute. And they have great history! Good luck with getting Momma spayed. She needs it and wants it, she just doesn't know it yet. See above quote from Anonymous by Gertrude Stein "You have to know what you want to get it" LOL!
You are a good soul to care for these kitties!

Vicki said...

Hillary, I cant wait for you to tell us who has bought your hip to be square!! I can guess 1 or 2 from our conversation last weekend! You deserve everything you desire. Missing last weekend already, I did make the Crazyasaloom haddock, my husband really liked it and I just loved it, will you share your cookie recipe?

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts