Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Loving the camera.

On my way to the studio this morning, I stopped at the hardware store for some wire.
I was surprised to see a border collie wandering down the aisle. Then another. They were so friendly, and so handsome, I got my camera from the car.
Their owner very graciously allowed me to photograph them.
From november

Then he asked them to show me a little trick. He didn't have biscuits so he used pennies.
Said he had biscuits in the truck.
From november

I have to say that this hardware store has gained points in my estimation, just because they let these two, who are father and son I might add, roam around their store.
From november

Class act.
I got a load of stuff done, and I finally got the third shawl done on the Macomber. So I unwound them, and took them home to tie fringe.
My mother volunteered to model.
Words are unnecessary.
From november

From november

From november

From november

From november

From november

From november


From november

From november

From november

From november

From november


Ay yi yi she is a pickle, isn't she????

And here is the big news......the retailer that is now carrying the Hip to Be Square Looper Loom is Halcyon Yarn, in Bath, Maine. Check out the new addition to their web site here.
I am pleased, honored, excited.
Thanks for all your encouragement and support!!!!!!






11 comments:

Hilary said...

Congrats on the loom progress.. that's terrific!

Love the dogs and your model mom. :)

claudia said...

All our customers bring their dogs to the hardware store where I work. we even keep a box of cookies for the dogs. All the dogs know where to go for their cookies. It's their first stop...always. None of them do tricks for us, but they make our days go better!
So happy for you that your Looper Loomsare at Halcyon now...what fun!
Your mom is a kisk! I don't know her, but I love her!

claudia said...

Oh yeah...I love the shawls too, very pretty!

chris said...

They look fantastic and you have a great model for them!

Anonymous said...

Love the shawls and the model! Congrats on getting in with Halcyon Yarn, what a wonderful thing that is!

Candy Duell said...

Hilary, the shawls are beautiful, and congrats on the retailer selling your loom and potholders! Great going:)

Delighted Hands said...

Did your mom ask you for a modeling contract?! The shawls turned out beautifully!

Anonymous said...

I just saw your Looper on an email from Halcyon! They know a good product when they see it. You're in the big time now! Congrats.

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Moms, dogs, cozy shawls, and success - all in one post! Lovely all.

Country Girl said...

Your mom makes a great model. And you know how I feel about border collies! So happy for the success of the looms. I love mine.

Anonymous said...

Love these shawls... and look how her face just lights up while modeling them. She's a sweetheart.

I love walking into any store that has a dog that spends it's days there. Always feels so homey to me.

Di

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts