Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Let's be fair.

I think I am getting the hang of this taking time off thing. I am afraid I may get to like it a little too much. Then again......
Nah. I am sure it is just a fluke.
It never lasts long when I have these feelings.
On the other hand.......
Today, I hired a 16 year old kid to mow and work outside at the studio. There is just so much to do, and there is only one of me, after all.
I was quite pleased to have found him, and was excited to think that I was going to get stuff done that has been lingering.
After three hours, he came inside and announced, "I'm done."
I was speechless.....for a moment.
When I asked if he had really finished all that raking, he said, "Oh, no. But I think I'm done for the day."
Oh.
Well then.
I can advertise on my own blog, right?
Of course, I can.
For all you weavers....I have 500 lbs of loopers that are in my way....big time...they aren't in the barn with the other 3500 lbs of loopers, instead they have been relegated to the tool/garage side of the barn. They have to go. So I am selling this 500 lbs at a ridiculously low price of $2/lb. They are cotton, and yes, they are what I use to make rugs with.
There, I've said it.

Took a little drive the other day, to Middlebury, Vt. Stopped along the way to take some pictures.
From Crazy as a Loom

I took my mother, and my youngest daughter to lunch. And we shopped a little.
Here are the mountains in New York, across the lake, taken from Vermont.
From Crazy as a Loom

I have always loved Middlebury. It is such a sweet little town.
From Crazy as a Loom

As long as I can remember, it was a treat to go there for the day, either over the ferry when it was running, or across the bridge.
The Champlain bridge was taken down last year, and they are building a new one soon.
We went to Fire and Ice, to the lunch buffet. They just happen to have a boat in the middle of their buffet.
From Crazy as a Loom

Here's my Mom......gonna be 86 this year. Unbelievable. And no, she does not dye her hair. It isn't fair.
From Crazy as a Loom

And to answer your question, yes, I really do have 15 looms. Two are in the barn, waiting for me to find room to put them together. The other 13 are warped and waiting for me. That's the problem, you see. I can't leave them naked, unwarped. And when they are warped, they are very accusing every time I pass by.
There isn't enough time in the day, and I have not figured out how to clone moi, so.......they whisper about me behind my back.
Yes, I'm tired.
Or I have totally gone crazy.
And yes, I dye my hair.
Like I told you, it isn't fair.
But look at it this way, you could be this poor guy, asleep at the bus stop, with some wacky woman taking your picture with your belly hanging out.
From Crazy as a Loom


Now there, don't you feel better??
I know I do.


12 comments:

Theresa said...

LOL, poor guy! Middlebury makes for a fine day trip! What fun.
I can totally understand the loom whispering. Insidious isn't it! :-)

~from my front porch in the mountains~ said...

Oh, that poor man!
Loved this post :) Gosh, your Mom looks great!

I love little towns.Always so much to hunt down in them.
Have a great day!
xo, misha

LA said...

I love Day Trips. Just a little escape to clear the cobwebs of everyday life. And, yes....looms do talk about you when you haven't woven for a day or two.

Country Girl said...

Oh.
My.
Stinking.
Heck.

Anonymous said...

HA! That photo of the man reminds me of the time I was getting new tires on my truck and some guy was in the waiting room... he was very heavy and appeared to have narcolepsy... kept falling asleep on his feet. Soooo, being the blogger that I am I snapped his photo. I know, I know... I'm bad.

Nancy said...

LOL! Yes, I do, thanks.

Delighted Hands said...

It must be Spring Fever....I have been cleaning out and getting rid of things, too. I will contact you to buy some loopers!

Hilary said...

I suddenly feel much better thank you! Middlebury looks just lovely. Middlebelly not so much.

You Mom.. youthful and gorgeous!

Tiggeriffic said...

I love your blogspot.. It's like having a Godspot. It's a moment to reflect into someone else's life.. I Laughed so hard at the picture of the man sleeping.. That was so funny.
Enjoy your way of life... Exhilerating and always laughing. and chuckling.. Your humor is tiggeriffic.. Like your music too..

KarenInTheWoods said...

You are responsible for the smile on my face today....

Karen

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

I had to keep reading this post to make sure it was all one post....LOL...love the randomness of it all! Your mom is adorable, doesn't show her age one bit! That poor man at the bus stop! Hey, I'd be interested in some of those loopers!

Anonymous said...

I have been secretly following you for quite awhile now. It is my retreat, I laugh and you keep me inspired because I am a weaver wannabe :) I have 4 looms so I relate to your need to harbor those looms needing a good home and love :) Now truth be known I dont weave.....yet. I need to ask what are loopers and do I need them to finally kick me in the pants to start?

Judi in Vermont

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts