Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Today


My little Naya still tests positive for heart worm, that she was treated for in PA in December.

So she is at the vet's, for two nights and three days, to be treated yet again.

I would rather have a root canal, than leave her there.

I can only imagine that she feels it has happened again:   abandonment.   She doesn't know the word, but I am sure she knows the feeling.



I asked if I could bring her home at night, and bring her back the next morning, but they want her to have "cage rest", and not move around much at all.

I know she will be scared and traumatized, and I am just going to have to try to put it out of my mind, since there is not one thing I can do about it.

I took her bed with her, and an old hoodie of mine, that smells like me, in the hopes that it will comfort her, and she might know that I am coming back for her.


On the weaving front, I just threaded the AVL for 50 more towels, with a bright white warp.
That will be it for towels in 2018...I will have well over 200.  

Months ago, I wound a bamboo warp on the warping board.  I did it in several sections, intending to dye it.   I put it in a small tote, and there it sat.  Forgotten.

So a couple of weeks ago, when I was  cleaning, I found it, and the very next day, I dyed it.   I used a blog post from Melissa at Tangible Daydreams
Her post inspired me, and made me think that I could do it.

So yesterday, L and I decided it was the day.   Well, I decided, and L went along with it.

She sleyed the reed, threaded the heddles, and then we beamed it on.
Unbelievably, it went on without a hitch.
I am beyond pleased, and can't wait to do another dyed warp.



There are blotches of turquoise, green, gold and gray all along the warp.   It's really beautiful.


Today, I spent the whole day with my daughter and two youngest grands.

We went out to lunch.

I had an awesome spinach, apple, black bean and corn salad, with grilled shrimp on top.
Other than the dressing, it was  ZERO POINTS.




And even though I was sad about leaving Naya, these two did a great job of taking my mind off that.


They are the best medicine anyone could ever ask for.





10 comments:

LA said...

I used to leave one of my tee shirts for the dogs when I had to be gone. It does seem to comfort them. I'm sending cyber hugs for Naya. That salad looks amazing...I'll have to try that combination.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...


Saying a little prayer for Naya's full recovery and your sanity. She's in good hands and will be home again in no time at all.

Your lunch is divine! I wish I could eat shrimp! (allergic)

LOVE the colors in that new weave - beautiful.

Anna M. Branner said...

Poor Naya. But...we had a new rescue for less then a month when she broke out of her crate (she had horrible separation anxiety) while we were out and ate half a bottle of Advil. Needless to say she was a very sick puppy and spent 3 days at the doggie ER. We worried that the little bit of security we had given her would be lost. I will NEVER forget the look of complete shock and relief in her eyes when she was brought out for us to take her home. The recognition and joy were wonderful. Naya will be so thrilled to see you.

And 200 towels!?!!

tahoegirl.blog said...

She's in good hands at the vet. When one of our Newfoundlands had pneumonia and was at the Vets for 10 days. We visited for a little while each day. I don't know if you can do that, but it might be worth checking.
Do you think the WW is worth it?? Do you do it on line. ??? I'm not into the meetings which I did many years ago. But on line sounds good.

Melissa said...

Poor little fur baby. It is hard when they don't understand. But the scent of safety will comfort her, and soon she'll be back where she belongs.

Also? I love how the painted warp looks!!! And I'm so tickled you tried it, and it is working well for you.

Dizzy-Dick said...

I hope your pup gets well and back to normal. Just a couple of days ago I lost my beloved Muffy and I am still completely broke up with a deep hurt deep inside me. I really loved that pup.

Shammickite said...

I hope your wee puppy-dog is all better now and at home where she belongs. Love the weaving, I wish I could try doing that. And you little people are so sweet!

Vicky said...

So sad for Naya but hopeful that she is back with you by now. The hoodie was a great idea and I pray she found comfort in that and is now comforted by actually being with you. I love all the vocabulary that goes along with weaving. You bring me into a whole new world and make me feel like I'm sitting in your space watching from a few feet away. Praying for sweet Nana!

Daryl said...

its taken me so long to read/comment that i hope Naya is home ... when we have to leave one of ours at the vet, the vet allows/encourages us to come visit .. Ray thinks that just confuses things but i dont ...

yellowtulip118@gmail.com said...

Poor little Naya, and poor you. Hopefully this will be the last time and she comes back cured. We have a rescue with the same issues as Naya and I dread having to leave her at the vets.
The colours on your loom are quite stunning by the way and remind me of peacock feathers. Can't wait to see the finished item.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts