Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Ta Da.


Heartworm treatment completed.......Naya is very sore, those injections are deep muscle both hips.....on restricted exercise for ONE MONTH.  So we are taking her out on a leash several times a day.
No running or activity that would increase her heart rate, it's very dangerous.

She was very subdued for a couple of days after she got home.....she reverted a bit, to the dog we got back in January.   But now she's settled in once again, and hopefully, she will forget all about it soon.



Are we home yet???





She has slept a lot more than usual this week.
Poor baby.


I have been working on the warp from hell.   It happens.

These are towels, my last towel warp for this year.   


I will have over 200, and I think it is plenty to last through summer shows, and the fall guild show.



To be honest, I have to limit how many towels I do a day.  My right shoulder begins to talk to me, and it doesn't say nice things.
Go figure.


I feel especially bad for Naya, as the weather is finally beginning to look good, and she can't do anything.
This was my walk without her, and it felt mighty strange.


As many of you probably know, if you have painted your house in the last several years, the paint today does not last.
No lead in it, so it has no staying power.
I have painted this old house too many times already.
See how it peels???


Next post I will show you the improved version of this.




And what's a blog post without some food.   I am still doing WW and noticing huge changes in my clothes.   It is quite gratifying, I must say.
The trick to WW, in my opinion, is that it is slow and steady.   You don't see wild fluctuations in your weight, but that's ok.   I am learning not to eat indiscriminately, and I am eating when I am hungry, not for any other emotional reason.  Since my head injury, I have gotten way too good at eating for comfort.   I'm doing it differently now, and doing it one day at a time, which I am very good at.
Thanks, Al Anon.

This Puerto Rican Bean Salad is a keeper, 1 point per serving, and YUMMY.



Lois has finished one shawl off the hand dyed bamboo warp.




This is her next one.



And better than food, a sweet girl with a chicken.

The next morning after this visit, at home, she said to her mom (my youngest daughter):  "I wish I could hold a chicken all day."

My heart can barely hold all this love.




9 comments:

Shammickite said...

You know, after thinking about it, I wish I could hold a chicken all day too.

DJan said...

I am so glad that Naya is home and recovering from that awful experience. Poor thing! But that chicken picture makes me feel so much better! :-)

Peg Cherre said...

Ooo....poor baby Naya! I had no idea it was that much of a physical challenge for the dog.

Your bean salad looks YUMMY! As does all the weaving. And Little Girl With Chicken is a winner, for sure.

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

It's nice to see that your sweet dog is back where she belongs. Not to wish away the month, but hopefully you will be out walking with her again soon.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...


Precious girl :-)

So Glad Naya is doing well despite the awful treatment.

Your walk landscape? Beautiful!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Wonderful news, I think she is just happy to return home.
Beautiful weave although looks intricate.
I simply love that picture of the little girl holding the chicken, and what a sweet thought :)
~Jo

MarthaVA said...

Beautiful grandchild holding beautiful chicken.
Beautiful towels! That's a LOT of towels! What will you make when you're not making towels?

Beautiful salad - I've made similar ones - love the fresh tomatoes and beans and corn! Did you put a dressing on it? I'm not doing WW but I am on a similar path. I am SUCH an emotional eater....so difficult to fill that void with something else. Good thing we are creative because that helps! :-) Slow and steady wins the race. I'm down 45 lbs in 6 months. Not "dieting" - I've changed my eating habits and feel so much better for it. Long way to go with weight, but I'm sure my body will level out when it gets where it's going.

Sending Naya my good thoughts!

Martha

yellowtulip118@gmail.com said...

So happy that Naya is home and all's well. They say that dogs live in the moment and hopefully she'll soon forget her ordeal. Lois's finished bamboo shawl is beautiful, very subtle tones. I'm going to look up the WW bean salad, it looks like something I'd really enjoy.

Daryl said...

hooray for Naya being home and for an adorable girl who i have enjoyed watching grow from a baby to this perfect little human with an animal loving heart/soul ...

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts