Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Saturday chores.

One week down, three to go of keeping Naya on a leash whenever we go outside.

She is feeling better, and wants to run and jump, neither of which is allowed right now.

The pellet stove is finally off.........it's still cool, and the furnace is running, but we ran out of pellets anyway.   We burned FIVE ton of pellets this winter........that's what  nasty, cold one it was.

I am in a spring clear out mood, which is both gratifying and scary.

 A "less is more" kind of place.

That does not include weaving threads, just so ya know.

The siding on both peaks of the house looks good.   My youngest daughter commented that it was narrower than the wood siding on the rest of the house.   And she's right.  But I don't care.
Bottom line, the paint was peeling, both areas needed to be scraped, primed, painted, and it would have to be done again in a few years.
I am so done with that.




This weekend, I will be winding some warps, and maybe doing some dyeing.  I am not bored with weaving, but I guess I'm in a funny place, where I feel like I should be evolving in my weaving life, but I'm not.
So what to do escapes me.
Maybe it will come to me.

I have also wanted to do a wall hanging, for some time.  I keep trying to envision what it is I will do, what I want it to look like, but that is not available to me either.

My muse is napping, I'm afraid.


So I was on a tear this morning......cleaning, throwing stuff out.

I have some fabric to unload.....some are full bolts.
I put it on a local FB garage sale site, so we'll see if that gets any results.  Some of the bolts have 10 yards on them......each batch probably has 50+ yards, I'm asking $100 for each of the two batches....so about $2/yd.   Cheap enough for brand new fabric.








Last fall, I bought this shelving unit, against my own better judgement.......it was only $20, and I couldn't resist.  L probably wished  that I had resisted, since she went and fetched it back here.

Anyway, I finally decided she was right, it is a huge eyesore in the studio.  So I unloaded it, and dragged it single handed out the front door.

I put it on Craigslist free, and I am still waiting for someone to get it.  In spite of the fact that I was very clear that YOU HAVE TO HAVE A TRUCK..........two separate people tried to jam it into first a van, then a jeep.   I even posted the MEASUREMENTS.
I'm sorry, but sometimes, people are just beyond dense.

Anyway, it's not in the studio anymore.
And hopefully, I will wake up tomorrow and it will be gone.
It has shelves on the back side too and it is VERY big and HEAVY.



So then, still on a whirl, I decided to tackle the porch.

It was so filthy.  I swear, next year, I am covering every single thing with plastic.

But the end result is gratifying....and more so, because Naya loves it, and it may be a huge help, getting her through the next three weeks.



She lays on the far end by the table, and looks out at the labyrinth, and seems very content to do so.


"You talking about me, Mama?"





6 comments:

Loom With A View said...

Oh, I feel your pain for Naya! When our 8 month old kitten broke her leg, a cast was not possible because she was still growing. 4 weeks No Jumping. Not even to get onto the couch. Not having a large cage, it was a very long 4 weeks!
It was worth it, because she healed up with no disability or limp. 7 years later, the aggravation has been forgotten by everyone. It will be the same for you, I promise!

LA said...

Your porch looks so inviting!!! No wonder Naya wants to stay outside!

Melissa said...

Your porch is delightful.

Back Porch Writer said...

Love the shelf, would be there to get it if close! ha. I also love love love that Hawaiian print of cloth - I loved most of those fabrics. Only problem - I don't sew. Would love to learn though. If I did my life over, I would!

Daryl said...

i wish i had your energy, i would like to do some cleaning up tossing out and i want to change my bed linens so i can get that fabulous quilt you made me on the bed and photographed .. i am going to recruit my sister since my husband is still not up to more than dialysis and short walks ..

Sharon said...

I’m glad to meet Naya and already I see that the past is behind her. I see love and trust in her face. She’s a lucky girl.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts