Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Monday, December 10, 2012

Oh, yeah.

I have been watching the "aches and pains" index all week....as far as the headache is concerned, it has been right on for a week.
Today is the highest the index has been in eight days, a 9, and it seemed to be true from the moment I got up this morning.
It poured all night.
Maybe I could get a weather forecasting job.



Sometimes I get up when it is just barely light.  I come downstairs and sit with my tea in the absolute quiet.  An occasional car going by.
I love this time of day probably more than any other.
Time to reflect.  Time to be grateful.
And believe it, I am.
I AM recovering from what seemed at the time to be catastrophic surgery.  I am slowly, day by day, getting back to a place that feels normal, even if it is not my old normal.  It's all relative, dear friends.
I have a lovely family, I do. And friends, good friends.  And Roy. And 6 felines.  And all of you.



I have the weaving studio that is a gift like no other, and I have friends who help me keep it going.
I have books, and looms, and yarn.  I have hope.
Life is truly very good.
I know what it means to count your blessings.  It is necessary.  Do it now, so it will be in your pocket when a bad time comes calling.  And you know that it will.
Lately I have been thinking a lot about how truly insignificant we all are.  Not that we don't matter, but that there are so many of us, there are so many that came before us, and so many will come after.
We are  part of so much more than we realize, but like one single star in a sky packed full.
Collectively, we shine.

Everybody needs his memories. They keep the wolf of insignificance from the door.
Saul Bellow

There is so much to see, and do, in this world.  For me, there are ponds and ponds to kayak.  I am dreaming of them now.  I am so looking forward to 2013.  Somehow, I know that it's going to be a very special year.

11 comments:

Sheila said...

amen

Country Gal said...

Hallelujah ! Take it easy and enjoy life I say !

Loomatic said...

I am glad you have so many good days. It is nice to hear.

My only advice on checking the weather channel for pain forecasts...I know someone who did this often because she suffered from migraines. As soon as she saw that a storm was coming even if it was 2 days away, she would start getting the headache.

I always worried that she brought on the ache long before she would have if she hadn't seen the forecast. Just saying.

Winter has finally begun :-)

Deb said...

Wishing you a good week, Hilary.

Hilary said...

See.. I'd never heard of an aches and pains index. Of course, I had to look it up and lo and behold, you've taught me something new. Thanks for that.. and thanks to low risks, you'll have a good week. Gorgeous critters you have there.. your Roy boy and that adorable kitty face.

claudia said...

ENJOY!!!!!

Carol said...

Thank you for your thoughts and words this morning...it's all about staying in the moment isn't it. Have a wonderful day.

Daryl said...

i suspect your barometer of a head/neck would do better forecasting than the crack meteorologists on TV ... here's to a very special 2013

Shiralyn said...

How wonderful to hear the hope and joy in your writing. It's as if our prayed for miracle is really happening. It will be a fantastic 2013. It has to be I am finally retiring in April.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Amen again!

Lorraine said...

Your insightful comments today made me ponder about today's truly 'insignificant'...the hungry, the homeless, the imprisoned etc... Not that I wish to be a 'downer', but perhaps if we collectively and actively did more towards alleviating those conditions, our true 'significance' would reflect a far greater light! Gratefulness and reflection...never a failed message to be reminded of at this time of year! Thank you for all the good things (artistic and philosophical) that you inspire! May every bit of good health and happiness continue to surround you!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts