Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Ahhh.

Trying not to think about the storm that is coming..........as I am sure so many of you are.


Just a note:  
She has worn this since she got it.  Glad I'm not going to be the one who has to iron it.
Someone suggested that I should make her another one for Christmas.
PLEASE bite your tongue.

I had a great day today.
I think I am learning how to relax.
It has only taken me 65 years.
Talk about being a slow learner.


I think that whatever they did to my brain, was not such a bad thing.


Good friends.
Good food.
A balmy fall day.

We are staying in the moment.


Then, believe it or not, we sat on the bridge all afternoon, and knitted.
Yes.
We did.
And it was marvelous.
I have not felt so relaxed in a long time.


 Only this time, I am not posting pictures of what I KNITTED, in case certain people who are expecting gifts, might be perusing this blog for INFO.
Just sayin.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been eating so horribly lately. That salad looks like just what I need to turn myself around.

Glad you brain is working properly. :-))

Country Gal said...

Lovely photos and post . I am so glad you are feeling better and relaxing . My that salad looks good would of gone well with my home made chili and bread I made for Papa and I for supper ! Stay safe in this storm my friend !

Cupcake Murphy said...

YUM! to just about everything you said (except the storm of course but I have a feeling you'll be just fine) xoxo

Cupcake Murphy said...

YUM! to just about everything you said (except the storm of course but I have a feeling you'll be just fine) xoxo

Deb said...

I'm so glad you are happy. Lord knows you deserve to be. Knitting on a bridge - that just sounds so peaceful. Who, may I ask, are the two gingers?

claudis w said...

I am so happy that everything is going well for you.
Your grand-beauty is so pretty in that dress and pinafore!
Think good positive thoughts about that storm giving you all a break out there. Wishing you well!

Unknown said...

I was thinking the same thing about that salad, Yum. I hope you don't get anything too horrible weather wise.
I'm so happy you are feeling so much better.

Susan said...

What a relaxing day and your meal looked wonderful. I just finished a scarf in Brugge lace that I'm kind of proud of and it felt good to do something I wanted to and not what I had to. I'm a slow learner too:-D

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Hilary.. you sound better than you. Perhaps, a blessing in disquise, that damn HH.

Who's two beautiful red tabby cats?

and oooh, a Christmas dress in Laura Ingalls style.. I say do it :-)

DJan said...

Some of us take longer than others to learn lessons. I'm so glad you are learning to relax. It sounds divine! :-)

messymimi said...

Continuing to pray for safety of all in the storm's path.

Beautiful pictures.

Johanna Whitney said...

:) you are funny :) the suspense will kill me!

Johanna Whitney said...

:) you are funny :) the suspense will kill me!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts