Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Sunday, January 22, 2012

One day at a time

Going through my web site, I have found a couple of rugs that are not logged in anywhere.
Can't sell them that way.



So far I have straightened up the placemat page, the blue jean page, and the Adirondack Lodge rug page.
Moving right along. A page at a time.



My youngest daughter commented that there were an awful lot of pages on my web site, so I am cleaning it up, deleting stuff that has been sold, combining pages.
Someone once told me that I should leave SOLD rugs on there, just so people would know that I am in fact selling them.
Is that silly?
I think so.
I did leave a few on there that were long gone, but I'm not doing it anymore.



The grandkids have left.
The house is fairly quiet.
Roy is sleeping by my side.

I love seeing them, laughing with them.  I love being run over by their youth and enthusiasm, their silliness.
It reminds me of a scene from my favorite show, Everybody Loves Raymond.  Frank walks into the house, kisses his grandsons on the head, breathes in the smell of their hair, and says something about sucking up all that youth.


But then, they're gone.  And I love the way my life snaps back to its own pace, slower, quieter, 
still occasionally silly.




Sometimes getting older is totally ok with me.





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the physical breakdown of my body where I take issue with growing older, otherwise I could be 90 years old and wouldn't care one bit.

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

I would take the Sold items off. I think a clear showing of what is available looks cleaner, speaking as a consumer.
Our house was pretty quiet until the Niners kickoff.

Michelle said...

I spent the day with my 2 nieces 4 and 1 and it was a wonderful, great day. And then I was also very VERY happy to come home to my quiet house, where my space and my quiet is all mine. I don't think ti has to do with age, as much as it has to do with really just enjoying some quiet "self" time.

Deb said...

That's cause you are in a good place, Hilary. Doing what you love.

Hilary said...

I remember that scene from ELR. It showed his rare sweet side. Those grandkidlets of yours are a joy. Love the sunny peace in that last image.

Country Girl said...

Shades of Andrew Wyeth there in that last photograph ~

Nice and quiet.

Daryl said...

pretty rug, and I love that shot of the bed/window .. and I am loving my new placemats, thank you xo

Donna S. said...

Gotta agree!! Yea, I can comment again!! Haven't been able to for the last couple of weeks.

Cupcake Murphy said...

ME TOO. I am nodding my head in agreement but you can't see me.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts