Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Every picture tells a story, Don't it?

Another beautiful, sunny day.
Ah, October.
From october

I got to the studio early. The pellet stove had come on....it was pretty chilly this morning.
I put food out for my stray momma kitty, that refuses to entertain my trap.
When I looked out, there was a black cat out there, and later, a gray and white one.
I am afraid my husband might be right.....there is a sign I can't see out front. It says some crazy thing about hostel for cats.....free food......barn to sleep in. Something.
One of the reasons I get to the studio so early, is because I love it there in the morning.
From october

The porch is still one of my best ideas.
From october

Tammy came over this weekend.......I knew she missed me.
She cleaned the studio today, and trust me on this, NOONE can clean like she can. She is missing her mark.....she should have her own cleaning business. I wouldn't want to work for her though.
Ouch.
The studio, however, looks marvelous.

Then I had an 80" runner to make, and I wanted to get it done.
When I had sewn the sides, and put it on the table to trim the fringe on the sides, I had some help.
Surprise, surprise.
From october

I think they do that tag team thing.
I can never resist doing that comment thing with a picture.....especially this one.....
From october

"What IS your problem? We're just trying to help."
From october


"Fine, then, I'll just take a little nap right over here, if you're gonna have an attitude."

I love all your comments. But I especially like the one about my life not having to be approved by anyone but me.
Ain't that the truth, though?
I think that sometimes we have to be give ourselves permission. I am my own worst critic, and at times, my own worst enemy.
The good news is......I am always learning. It is amazing, but true, that we are never too old to change.







5 comments:

claudia said...

It is beautiful there.
Autumn's lovely colors.
The cats look so content.
Heck, I would be too if I had my pick of soft rugs to lounge around on.

Hilary said...

Some gorgeous colours in those photos. Your beautiful felines make me smile. Gotta love cats.

Nancy said...

You really think you are never too old to change? I'm trying to change my "cluttery" ways but boy is it hard! Love to see your kitties. Don't they all love to sleep on work on progress on the loom.

Delighted Hands said...

The morning pictures are briliant with color; great inspiration for a rug!

Gail said...

I can see why you love the studio. It is almost heavenly in the morning light.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts