Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Faster and faster.

I am beginning to move like a normal person, and not the crooked woman. I still have some pain, but it is much, much improved from last week. And I am grateful.
Funny, what great perspective you have, after intense pain.

I am always trying to find the right colors of fabric for custom rugs. While I have a barn full of fabric, seriously/not joking, it is all black, blue, white, tan, and pale aqua.
I do have lots of other colors in the house, in my pantry stash, and in the attic, but no one color in any volume, which is exactly what I need when I get an order for a big rug.
I had NO red, and very little dark green.
But last week, I found a source, and I am quite giddy.
I know, I am pretty simple.
But it's true.

112 lbs of red and green........but the best part of it is knowing that I can call my source, and tell him I need 30 lbs of brown, or 17 lbs of purple. It is priceless. Really.

And I got my sectional beam from Leclerc. I finally decided that the one loom that didn't have a sectional beam, was just too naked for my taste. So I ordered one for it.
Kudos to Leclerc, they make great stuff.
Here it is, installed. DH is on the job.
And I have to tell you, it works beautifully. I love the 1" sections, instead of 2", especially on this little Leclerc Compact.
I took my time, and was intent on getting the warp on right. Sometimes hurrying is my worst enemy. I move fast. I talk fast. I type fast. And sometimes, I do some things fast that I have no business doing. Or things that just don't lend themselves well to speed.
My father said that I learn everything the hard way.
I don't know why he had to be right, do you???

Anyway, this is the first scarf off that warp. I am doing greens. I am throwing myself into this scarf thing for the Christmas in the Country tour. Mark your calendar. December 4th, 5th, and 6th. Do you need directions?????
I will be making my famous Greek honey cookies, or Melmanofono. And no, you can't have the recipe. Maybe after I die.
I will send you a cookie though, just email me your address.
You WON'T be sorry. Well, you might be. 'Cause I can't send you a bunch, and after one, you are going to want a bunch.
Well, don't whine. Just enjoy your cookie.
Here is scarf #2, which I just started, the weft is chenille. Same warp. I LOVE this color.


I got very much into these crazy bags. So much so, that I wove some fabric to make one.
Here is a close up.
Looks organic, doesn't it?


And here it is finished.
Whew, I have been busy. Writing it all down makes me tired.
Pies tomorrow. Pumpkin, chocolate cream, banana cream. I have my orders.

6 comments:

Gail said...

Your art is always amazing and the fact that you repeat that unique beauty in each piece floors me. You are, indeed, an artist.

Snappy Di said...

I'll have a slice of pumpkin please.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Country Girl said...

That chenille scarf is beautiful.

Yes, doesn't being down (and in pain) give you a whole new perspective? So glad to hear you're on the mend.

And just in time to fulfill your orders. (I love chocolate cream).

Charlotte said...

I love the texture of your warp - I want to reach out into the computer screen and feel it!! Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better :)

Tina said...

Love the bag! I already have plans to make a couple for gifts this Christmas! Thanks for the inspiration you give to us every post! Tina

Anonymous said...

Mom... I want that bag for Christmas... actually can I have it for Thanksgiving? Is that allowed? Bring it tomorrow! : )
Morgan

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts