Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Gratitude,again.


Sharon, over at In Stitches, nominated me for the Bella Sinclair award.


The text with it goes,"This award was designed by Ces for her friend Bella. Ces wrote:- I designed this award to celebrate art in the blogs and to honour the value of friendship, sisterhood, sharing and caring. It is to be awarded to the gifted, accomplished, eloquent and talented blogger, whose friendship and influence inspire us to do our best. That I named it after Bella Sinclair is because she epitomizes all of these things."

Wow. Thanks, Sharon. I am not entirely sure I deserve this....but it is nice that you thought of me, and I really appreciate the positive energy that I am sure comes with it.
I would like to pass this on to Chris at Homestead Weaver who has been my inspiration from the first rag rug I ever took off the loom.
And to Kate over at Chronicles of a Country Girl who has inspired me with her authentic "voice", and her incredible photos.
There were no directions with this award, so I just picked two.

Candy, over at Country Life and All the Fixings had a link on her recent post to the most
touching story I have ever read.
I hope you will all go over and enjoy it. Have tissues. It is an inspiration.
I am watching my grandchildren tomorrow, and Friday, too. And there are lots of birthdays this week, and company coming.
In between, I am weaving some placemats, and cutting up some jeans.
Not much going on in my life.
But whenever I think that my life is boring, I think back to years ago, when there was plenty of drama and trauma, and I sigh.
And I am grateful.

2 comments:

Candy Duell said...

Thank you so much for the nomination, now what do I do with it :) Pass it on to 2 or 3 people?

You typed about the drama, and trauma, my motto is Boring and quiet! I had enough too!

Delighted Hands said...

Congratulations-and hear, hear for our creative kind of boring!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts