Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Friday, August 28, 2026

August

Just dropping in for a quick chat.  

The dog days of August are almost over.......
My little shed has gotten quite the workout.  First it was filled with garlic, and then onions and shallots were on the menu.
They dried very well in there, it gets pretty sunny and warm with all those windows.

They are all in baskets now, and here's hoping they last me quite a while, although I am considering planting a larger amount next year.
I use a lot of onions and garlic.

I make a LOT of soup.



I made this jacket from my hand dyed yarn, and I think it turned out quite well.   It must have because it sold already!!!  
So now I have to make another for the guild show.   I don't have to, but I want to.





This one is a little wild and colorful, but hopefully someone will like it enough to take it home.



I dug into my hand woven fabric stash, and decided to use them up.
So now I have a bevy of pillows......17 to be exact.  They will be going to the guild show also.




My appointment with the thoracic surgeon turned out way better than
I expected.  He said my lungs were fine, and I do NOT need any intervention.
Wow, was that a relief!!!

I am totally kicking back and enjoying my life without the prospect of more surgery.
What a lovely turn of events, for a change.
Anyway, I am puttering my way through the summer.

I spend a lot of time here on the porch with the "3 amigos", though I still find
it hard to believe that they can coexist in the same house.
They do!!!






I read the other day that Joanne Noragon, from the blog "Cup on the Bus" has passed away.

We met blogging, and several years ago, she drove by herself from Ohio to come and stay with me for a couple of days.   We talked weaving and craft shows and the joys/troubles of having your own weaving business.   I really liked her a lot. She also inspired me with her grit and determination, as she struggled through the tough times of getting old.

I remind myself every day that life is a gift.
A daily gift.

Later.






No comments:

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts