Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Monday, September 5, 2022

Just fine

In my attempt to eat better, and lose some of the weight I've gained in the last year and a half of being so sedentary, here is my $ store bowl for salads.
Underneath all that fiber is a parrot.  Truth.  



Anything that grows has done poorly this hot and dry summer, but this little rose bush I bought for my perennial garden seems to be thumbing her nose at it all.  I love a little attitude.



I have spent an inordinate amount of time at home this summer.   I have not ventured far at all.
That's mostly my mindset, hunkering down, revisiting places in my head,
trying to understand my way forward.
I know I'll find it, even though some days it  appears to be quite illusive.



I am still "drawn" to this crazy hen scratching.  I don't know where it's coming from, 
and I don't know why it's so soothing, but there you have it.
I'll take it.




It has not escaped me that there are no people, no animals, no movement, in these 
pictorials.
I don't know why.



So it was a very quiet Labor Day Weekend at my house.  Just me, two dogs, and a couple of 
cats.  I read a lot.  I did some weaving.  I cleaned.   I took a couple of naps.  I finally
decided that I needed a swift kick.
That resulted in my getting out the indigo dye stuff, and a package of 12 cotton 
towels that I had just for that reason.

They are all tied and clamped and ready with "resist", to be dipped in indigo today.





And the indigo dye vat awaits.  
Do not panic, that's my dye sink.  After today, it will probably be really blue.




I have a list, things I should do.  Buy some new clothes........I hate shopping.  Buy a new pair of shoes..........  Go on a cruise on one of the big boats on Lake George, when the leaves have changed colors.  Have a sale of hand wovens to clear out the old and make room for new.

Take a day trip, or two.

It's part of something I learned in all those years in Al Anon.
Act "as if".

Act as if everything is just fine, and you are just fine, and everything coming up will be just fine.  Even if it isn't.  Keep acting "as if", and one day, without you even knowing how it happened, it will be..........just fine.

One day at a time.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

there are seven birds in your picture. So not only is there living things, but they are flying, and it's a lucky number, too.

Teresa said...

Indigo sounds like a lovely swift kick into something new. All of your self care is paying off. You are finding your way and I love that you share it with us. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this message Hilary. I needed to hear this today.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts