Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, August 9, 2022

The Park, and some words



I know some of you are wondering how I'm doing with this new normal.   I have to say it is different from day to day.  Some days are much better than others.  I feel a little unmoored, adrift.  I do the things I am supposed to do, but then I end up reading for hours, or drawing, or watching the birds.

I know it will get better.   I know that I will move forward, and eventually get on with it.  Just not yet, I guess.
I do one day at a time.  Sometimes one hour.
My family, and my dear friends, are amazing.   I am so grateful for them.

Let me just take you on a tour of my ridiculously large back yard.

I wanted a bird sanctuary, I think I've got one.
























I think that we cross paths with people that we are meant to.   Sometimes we teach them, and other times, they teach us.
I recently reached out to someone that I had never met, on a whim.   

What I heard was exactly what I needed to hear, and what I need to remind myself just about every day, for awhile yet anyway.




"Finally, as an experienced photographer, I have often given novices the advice "You always have a shot. Look. Use your imagination. It's there. You have to find it." is the same in life. Whether it is who you're with, or where you are, or what your circumstances are, you always have a shot."

I don't think I would have put it in those words, but I think that deep down, I wasn't at all 
sure that I did.  Loss will do that to you.   But now I know that it's true. 
 I do, I do have a shot.  








7 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

You certainly have a bird sanctuary there. No self respecting bird could turn it down. And butterflies and insects and preying mantis moths. It's lovely out there, in your park.

Peg Cherre said...

I love all the plants: tall phlox, salvia (or maybe it's Russian sage), that DEEP pink morning glory, the zinnias. And the quiet of that chair in the shade. It's all lovely. Yes, it is your own park. May you find peace in it, even if it is currently fleeting.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Lovely back yard, not a weed in the labrynth!

One day at a time, and there is not a darn thing wrong with watching the birds, reading a book, sitting in the shade enjoying a breeze and just soaking in LIFE.

Rita said...

Yes, you do have a shot...and a gorgeous, peaceful place to rest your soul until you feel like plunging forward. love and hugs

Susan said...

What a beautiful yard, it looks gentle, loving, and relaxing. What a special place for reading, lying on a quilt looking up at clouds, enjoying an ice tea with mint.

Teresa said...

What a lovely backyard. It is a lovely place to heal.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Such a beautiful and tranquil garden, your flowers bring rest to the weary soul. Hoping your days have been gentler on both mind and body.
Hugs,
Jo

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts