Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Friday, October 18, 2019

And it's fall.



I am finally taking the plunge, and revamping/upgrading my web site.
I've had it for years and years, and I've always done it myself....but it's become pretty lame.
I sell a lot of stuff on FB, but when people ask if I have "more" or "different colors", I really can't refer them to my web site, because it is so lame.




Part of my reasoning is that if my web site is decent, and I can drive customers from FB and Instagram, over to my new and improved web site, where all the towels and all the clothes are available,  perhaps I won't feel so bad about letting shows GO.

Not that I won't do a show if I feel like it, but no more of this 5-8 shows a summer.   I am just too tired of all of that.

So stay tuned, I'm hoping in a couple of weeks, it will be up and running, though I won't probably be putting a lot of product on it until after the Guild Show November 21-24.   After that, I will be diligent about keeping the web site as current as possible.


The mushrooms in the last post were oyster mushrooms, and this one is "hen in the woods".

Both allegedly edible.




Here's what's for dessert.....a Swedish Apple Pie.....to die for I might add, and SO easy.
Recipe available on request.


This next minutia is for Lois, I know she wants to know.   How accurate it is?   Well, who really knows.




So the other day I was wasting time on Pinterest..... and I saw the term "chaffle".

And of course, I said WTH is a CHAFFLE???????


Which led me to tons of pins, and basically, a chaffle is a thing popular  with Keto diets.

It's a waffle, made with cheese and eggs........and there are more variations than I could imagine.

You can use any old waffle maker, but they suggest this Mini Dash.........about $10 at Target.




And the first one I made was pretty tasty, kind of like an egg muffin...but so much easier and quicker.

I'm sure I will be making more.




So, what's on the looms???


Well, the hand dyed milk warp is on the AVL, and I'm using a hand dyed cotton hemp as weft.   It is yardage.




Lois is weaving an 8 harness draft, making towels, on the Baby Wolf, in 8/2 cotton.

I love the pattern.


and the color combination.



I usually love October, but this year, the abundance of ticks has me pretty disheartened.   I hadn't seen any ticks all summer, and this week alone, I've taken at least 20 off the dogs, and a couple off myself.
They are supposedly more active at this time of year.   They are hateful little creatures, and I am nostalgic for those days when I was growing up, and my kids were growing up, when we had never even heard of them, didn't worry about them, and being outside was a lot more enjoyable without them.
The world is going to hell, in a hand basket.





3 comments:

Connie said...

I always love seeing what you are working on. Weaving has always fascinated me.
It's nice seeing your autumn color . . . we got cold so fast this year that our leaves are just turning brown and falling off the trees . . . not much color.
Now, I'm on to google "chaffle" and find a recipe :)
Have a lovely weekend.
Connie :)

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

I love the colour combination you are showing on your loom! -Jenn

Peg Cherre said...

I'm totally with you on the ticks. Welcome possum into your neighborhood. Reportedly can eat 5,000 ticks in a single season!

Hope the website update works well for you. Although you do more shows than I, I, too, am tired of them. If it works well for you, I may try it. But updating a website takes time and energy, too. For me, lack of a good place to take photos (not to mention lack of ability) is a real deterrent.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts