Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Sunday prattle.


I have long loved "verdigris".......so when I saw this photo collage, I knew I wanted to put it into my weaving.





This is the first time I have tried a gradation warp sectionally.   It was a lot of winding spools, and rewinding, and rewinding.
It worked, and I think that I will be better at it next time, now that I've done it.

Of course, L and I pretty much rock at sectional warping, we've done it so many, many times.




The good, good news is that last Monday, something clicked in my head, and since then, my headaches are much, much better.

After 3-4 weeks of misery since that massage on my neck, the relief is more than I can describe.
Do I have a headache?   Oh yeah, but it is nothing, truly, it is DOABLE.  It is the daily headache that I have all the time, and most often don't even think about.

I can weave, sew, bake, walk, do whatever I want.  It doesn't hold me hostage on the couch, wondering how long I can withstand it.

It's ok.   Unbelievable, but ok.



This color moves me so.     I am only sorry that I put just 20 yards on.  I should have put more.

This is the most beautiful sight, to me.   Threads aligned and shimmering in the light, ready to be woven, waiting for my imagination to transform them.


    Roy continues to fail.   Diabetic Miss Puss cries in the night.  Dirty White Boy has disappeared.
It's a day to day thing.  It all hurts, but they all make up the fabric of this life of mine.



With the feeling of bricks on my face GONE, I have been a whirlwind this weekend.   I feel like a kid let out of school, a prisoner on parole.
My list of to do stuff didn't stand a chance.  I flew around this old house, crossing them off one by one, cleaning, organizing, moving stuff, making it mine again.
I woke up this morning, and thought, "thank you, thank you," the feeling of day to day normalcy washed over me.  Life without that crushing headache, without the fear that something else is happening inside your head, something that you can't even see, ah......it's priceless I tell you, priceless.


“Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.” —Alphonse Karr


11 comments:

DJan said...

I am so glad to hear this news, Hilary. I think it's wonderful and adds to my numerous blessings. :-)

Theresa said...

Beautiful warp! Where/what are the yarns? Hand dyed??? I'm so so sorry to here about Roy. When I think about old friends, it all catches in my throat, makes my eyes water and my heart hurt. I know the struggles and the drill all too well. Give the awesome guy a pet for me please, tell him we whisper every day to every loved old dog in the world for the powers that be to keep them light and strong and happy for as long as possible. I'm betting DWB will be back. Hugs and so happy to hear your headache is down to manageable levels!!

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

I'm glad to hear about your relief. I felt motivated this week to clean out/clear out more stuff from this house. Now I want to keep going and going on the effort. It's a little difficult because my hip/lower back is out and I should not be lifting things. Ah well. I shall persevere ! Hugs to your animals.

C Reeder PhxAz said...

Such great news. The colors and photo move me greatly as well. Zillions of ideas popping around from the combinations. Must get my verdigris cross stitch threads out and see what I can venture into. That feeling of threads, fabric and needle all together bring me the same joy and exuberance your weaving does for you. Enjoy the time creating. I can’t wait to see what it turns into. (Info@paracletedesigns.com, Phoenix Arizona).

LA said...

Rejoice!!!! I'm so thankful for the news about your headache...and I relish the sight of that amazing warp!!!

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! I've fought headaches as well, before I realized mine were mostly sinus related. It just saps you, doesn't it?

I love the color. And, I love love that moment when the yarn is on the loom, all in beautiful order, and full of possibility. :)

Shammickite said...

Verdigris is such a beautiful word. Headache is a horrible word.

Daryl said...

love that color ...

so glad the headaches have lessened

so sorry to hear Roy is failing ... my darling Harry's skin condition is getting worse ... its causing him much discomfort and that hurts my heart so much ...

hugs

KAM said...

The warp is fantastic! Love the verdigris and to use the photo collage as your compass for colors as you weave a most delicious thought.
Hurray for times free from the headaches...and what a wonderful way to celebrate the freedom from pain - crossing so many things off the to do list.
Sadly I read of your furry family challenges. . remember the many wonderful photos of them all and stories of their place in your world.
Kristin

Linda W said...

I'm so happy that you're getting some relief from your headaches! I love the warp color, too and look forward to seeing what comes off the loom!

Twylla Alexander said...

I learned a new word today - verdigris. A lovely word for a lovely color. What a stunning photo of verdigris yarn shimming in the sunlight!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts