Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Glitch.


Just when I thought it was safe to take a deep breath, the FLU hit me.

Four whole days on the couch, flat out.  Unbelievable.

And a snow storm.  I mean, really, what else can you ask for?????

It was pretty.

And wet, and heavy, and costly, and COLD.


Then DH got sick, and L would only come in the house to bring me things,  and she came prepared:  mask on her face, and hand sanitizer in her pocket.
I don't blame her a bit.




Today, I think I will live.  I'm hungry, after what seems like a long time with no appetite at all.  And I want to weave.  I can't remember being away from my loom this long, except when we went south.

This is the way I left my loom last Thursday, and it sat here untouched for 5 days.  OK, 4, I had to try to weave a little on day 5.
I was exhausted in short order.



The coughing jags are what really get to me.

This is my last baby wrap warp, so it's kind of a relief on the one hand, and sad on the other.



 I have all kinds of ideas about what I want to weave next, so I have a feeling that the freedom from custom orders will be  enjoyable, after all.


I love this loom, just saying.


When Lois decides it's all clear over here, this is what she is working on.



In the evenings, Sydney  parks herself on my body...yes, I'm UNDER her.  and she's settled in.



Tonight I said, no way, I had fringes to twist.


Hopefully tomorrow, I will feel even better, and I will be back in business.


But for right now, I need to go check out the backs of my eyelids.   Badly.


9 comments:

DJan said...

So sorry! I am hoping to avoid a cold or flu and am looking forward to my next surgery on Tuesday. If all goes well. Sending you healing and loving thoughts, forcing them through the internet into your heart. :-)

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...


UGH, glad you're recovering - take it slow! Lots of fluids, but you know all this already. I hope you got a good night's sleep and are feeling much better today.

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

I'm so sorry you are sick. I hope you are all feeling better soon and back to doing what you love.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Ooh, so sorry to read you have been poorly !
The flu is rampant around our little town, and hitting early this year.
Get well soon, and rest as much as you can.
Hugs,
~Jo

Twylla Alexander said...

Sorry to hear about your bout with the flu! It's encouraging that your looms are calling to you again. 🙂

Anonymous said...

Sydney is working her healing cat magic on you. Hope you are feeling much better very soon. Don't feel alone we have been down with the Fly since Thanksgiving weekend, lucky me the flu turned into Bronchitis! Feel Better Soon!

Vicky said...

I hope you are feeling better! This is a tough time of year to be struck with the flu- but then again no time is good for something like the flu. I love seeing your loom and the work sitting ready for your return. Be sure you rest and restore yourself before you dive into weaving again!

yellowtulip118@gmail.com said...

Sorry to hear that you've been under the weather. I have to say, from the determined look on Sydney's face, (just love the expression!) you won't be getting much done!

Daryl said...

welcome to the gang of us who have been fighting this crud .. i am on week of cough/blow nose repeat ... rest is the best medicine

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts