Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Friday, November 25, 2016

My world.

With the state of the nation, and the upheaval in the world,  I have to admit to loving my home more than ever.
I have created, over the years since I bought this old house, a place that I love beyond measure.


This morning,  with the early light  making the house glow, I wandered around a bit, taking pictures.

My new sewing machine, a purchase I made after weaving off 112 yards of black warp.
This was my gift to myself.

Sirius radio in the corner, playing my fave channel, #66, Watercolors, a jazz channel.


My sewing room, a place to play.





My AVL,  the loom I love the best.



My view, first thing.


My late Aunt Stell's old hall tree.

My study in black and white, the Schacht in the foreground.


 There is no place I would rather be than right here.
I can't believe that just a couple of years ago, I had 17 looms.

Now I realize, with only FOUR looms, that I am happier with less.  I am more focused, and less stressed.
It's a tough lesson to learn, that it's not all about the money, that it can't be, if you really want to be fulfilled with what you do.


  Giza cotton warp, reeled silk weft.


Not sure what it will be....I might make some clothing out of it.




Giza cotton and hand dyed tencel baby wrap, on its way to London soon.



 It's been rainy and gray here in northeast New York,  but it's all good here at Crazy as a Loom.


9 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

My wife and I both have satellite radios. Mine is glued to the bluegrass channel and she likes the old radio shows that we used to listen to before we had a TV. . . Oh oh, I am giving our age away. BTW, my wife has her loom in the living room. Why not.

Mary said...

Very inspirational. Thank you.

thotlady said...

Lovely.

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

So glad you took the leap and moved to the old house for good. For the Good of You.

Mary Ann said...

Love the sewing room! Thought about a Bernina 770, very nice--ended up with recently gifting myself with a Janome that is similar. Hope you like it, what a great gift.

Angela Tucker said...

Good morning! Such a beautiful space. I love the windows, they fill the room with light. I, too, am a Sirius fan. But for me, it's the new country channel. When I went to look for a new car, satellite radio was one of the requirements. LOL

I have spent the last three days, stalking the internet for yarn deals. Then I realized, I have enough. There will always be more. I must learn the difference between "need" and "want". I'm doing better. LOL

Have a wonderful day!

Sharon said...

I couldn't agree more, and in fact, since I've wanted to live in Oregon for the past 20 or more years, now that I'm here, I have no desire to go anywhere else. I've pared down my possessions and am content with what I have where I am.. I raise my cup of tea to you :)

Daryl said...

after digging through a cabinet in search of .. something who remembers what .. i announced that the week between Christmas and New Year ,which i have off, is going to be purge week .. closets, drawers, kitchen cabinets .. will all be emptied of things we do not use ... clutter be gone!

1horsetown said...

I bit the bullet and bought a new compu dobby for my AVL. It came with a CD I, but have thrown in the towel on getting it to talk to a new computer. They say it's possible, but you can't prove it by me.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts