Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Basics.

After offering my granddaughters several different options, including the beach, they informed me that they wanted to make "donuts".

So that's what we did.






 I was in charge of the actual hot donuts.


Then they drained on brown paper.
Gabby was in charge of glazing.
Ava was in charge of cinnamon sugar.



 They were also taking pictures.




We had fun, and the donuts were delicious.


Sometimes I think we try too hard to please kids, when really what makes them the happiest is having someone they love spend time with them.

Simple, really.


5 comments:

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

It looks like a perfect day and special memory. And good donuts.

Anonymous said...

Your Granddaughters are getting taller and taller - where does the time go? What a grand way to spend the day with those you love best.

Daryl said...

i think you are right .. sometimes its more fun not to make plans but just do things 'you' all enjoy because you're doing it together!

claudia said...

They are more beautiful each time I see them. They are growing too fast though! What a fun day with Grandma...making donuts! I remember those kinds of days more than any other!

Anita Johnson said...

How fun! And I wish I had one to go with my coffee this morning!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts