Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Letter to a rooster.

Dear Bart,

I worry about you and your girls in this bitter cold.


But what you don't know, is that someone ELSE worries about you, too.
Even though that someone professes to NOT LIKE YOU.

Imagine that, Bart?  Not liking you, with your silky, shiny black plumage, your antics, your incredible, repetitive CROWING?
I know, I know, hard to believe.
But you have to admit, Bart, that you do kind of appear suddenly, and scare the living crap out of whoever might be gathering the eggs in YOUR coop.
And you are a tad formidable, with your "death stare", when someone looks like they might get too close to your HENS.

But yes, someone else does worry about you in this cold.

 
Worries about your flashy, red comb getting frost bite.


So while you are spreading the straw in the hen house...........





and in the chicken run....

and while you are doing your JOB, being a bit of a PAIN..........supervising all goings on around you......
causing certain people DISTRESS..............


Just remember, Black Bart, that a certain someone whose name I will not mention, who does not like you, has nagged and nagged me until TODAY, I went and bought you a RED LIGHT BULB, to keep the frost off your little head.
I'm sure the girls will like it, too.
So Bart,  when you see that certain someone, please  crow really LOUD for her, so she'll know you're not an ungrateful rooster.

Heaven forbid.






10 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Lois, thank you for interpreting my persistent crowing for Hilary and getting me the light. I can't look after my ladies and look my finest with a frozen pompadour!

Best regards, Bart

PS I'll save a worm for you in the spring, you're welcome.

Hilary said...

Too funny. I knew it would eventually become like the cats she didn't like. Lois, you're a softie. :)

Theresa said...

A softie indeed you lucky rooster! I might have picked out the perfect red pot to keep you warm.....;)

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

Oh Bart, you have landed in a wonderful home. Now be nice!

Deb said...

Thanks for the laugh. :))

Anonymous said...

Wussy rooster! Come on up to the great white north, where chickens go it alone without the fancy shamacy heated coop and heated water trough.

Seriously, We are SO jealous! Our coop is the old style no electricity we live on a farm type of coop. Maybe if we go on egg strike we could have heat, light and warm water to drink.

A very jealous troop of midwest hens.....

Tyche's Minder said...

That made me smile.

thotlady said...

Love the chicken updates. That Bart!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

a HA! you old softie. and that means YOU L. :-) I have the same bulb in my coop and I can sleep better at night because of it.

Good work, Ladies.

thecrazysheeplady said...

I love your chicken coop!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts