Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Saturday, January 10, 2015

C'mon along.

Well, it's cold even in the south.  The wood stove is roaring.
During the day it's still warm enough to walk the dog though, and there is NO SNOW or ICE on the ground.



 You cannot hate that.


I've been taking it easy, something you know I don't do often.
Doing a little knitting.


My friend and I are doing a little shopping, a lot of talking, and cooking when we are so moved.


I have to say that these egg muffins are going to be in my refrigerator on an ongoing basis.  What a quick, great breakfast.
I love them.  Without the meat, of course.


We are making them again tomorrow!!!




More knitting......this for my grandbaby, Dale.



In pale pink, what else?



 Then a little side trip for FABRIC.
I know, I know.  I have enough fabric.
How can that be true?????
Hmmmmmmm?




 And you have to love this.   It's almost surreal.


They say it's going to rain here on Monday.

They did not say snow.
So it's all good.

11 comments:

mudmaven said...

Couple more weeks and DH and I will be heading south and I am sooooo looking forward to no snow or ice! Enjoy it - it's precious. We'll be on the road to Florida, Georgia and points south in search of a new home for our boat - couldn't happen at a better time! Snow and ice are so NOT my thing. Those muffins sure look good and I think I ma try that wonderful hat for youngest granddaughter - it would be perfect and match her spirit! Thanks for sharing and stay warm! ~chris

Gayle said...

ALL FABulous!

Daryl said...

those breakfast muffin thingies look yum and the hat is adorable …. its raining/sleeting here so its good you are there

Pat Mofjeld said...

Glad that you are having a "get away". We're having subzero HIGHs here! :-) Could you be persuaded to share that recipe for the breakfast muffins? Please...?

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Its raining here too. buckets.

LOVE THOSE MUFFINS!!!...

and I love the color of those fingerless gloves. A favorite staple of mine in winter. If you get them up for sale I'll happily buy a pair in just that gorgeous red.

Susan said...

What an adorable hat! Rain is much preferable to ice and snow (both of which are forecast today). What a great idea - egg muffins! I may whip up a batch of those myself. Enjoy your respite. And there is no such thing as too much fabric. Or yarn.

Vicky said...

Ditto what Karen said- love the muffin eggs and the gloves- they look gloriously warm and so pretty!

Just a smidge of snow, and single digit temps that have us beaming along with the sun that is shining… no complaints here :)

Country Girl said...

Glad to hear things are going well in Georgia. I love that sweet little hat. And that you're enjoying good times with an old friend. So good.

Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm said...

crazy cute hat; love the fabric and GIVE UP that muffin RECIPE...NOW, please!
where are you in the south or is it a secret? loving those gloves...way beautiful! p.s. reading via my personal e-address but I'm Thistle Cove Farm.

thotlady said...

Love the hat. Might have to try it.

Cami said...

I would love the recipe for the egg muffins! I've been making your potato soup for a few years now. It's a family favorite!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts