Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I'm back.

OK, my mini trip south is over.
Back to the frozen north, and my regular routine.

I will miss my friend, Linda, and our daily walks, even in the rain.


When we left the hotel this morning, at 6:40am, in Allentown, PA, I was sideswiped by a tractor trailer.  We were both stopped at the traffic light, and unlike most trucks that make huge and wide turns, he just cranked left, and practically ripped the back of my car off.
It was scary, and noisy, but didn't do as much damage as I thought.
I tried to catch him, honking my horn, but he stepped on the gas.  He had no intention of stopping.
I had to stop, to investigate the noise coming from the back of my car.  The metal that he ripped off, was bent into the tire, so we had to bend it back before we could proceed.
While it is upsetting, we weren't hurt.  It's just a car, after all.

First order of business, when we got home, was to get Bart from the vet's.  He was apparently not very cooperative while he was there, and crowed so much they were happy to see him go.

He was very quiet in the car on the way back to the studio.  When he got there though, he was a happy boy.
It must have been a nightmare, no wonder he wasn't cooperative.
Home with his girls now, back to normal.



I have a huge list of things to do.

But first, I need to do some weaving.

10 comments:

Dizzy-Dick said...

All you need is his license plate which you can turn over to the police when you make out the accident report. That should satisfy your insurance company.

Rain said...

Just glad u weren't hurt- the planets trying to tell you to head south till spring!!--Rain :)

Daryl said...

that is just so horrible .. its bad enough to cause damage to someone's car but to keep going .. obnoxious .. i bet he didnt have insurance .. karma will bite him .. soon i hope

Peg Cherre said...

Oh no! Hopefully you did get a license plate or other identifying info. Not only for insurance purposes, but to report to the company he drives for. Wrong, wrong, WRONG!

Glad you are ok, but without action, will the next person be so lucky?

messymimi said...

What a welcome home! So glad you were not hurt.

Cait Throop said...

Ohhhh I am so glad you weren't hurt!!! And yes, hopefully you got his license or at least a description for the police! I love notifying the company he works for as well! Meanwhile, weaving always soothes, doesn't it! xo

Country Girl said...

Welcome home, despite the welcome you had in Allentown. What an ass that guy was. So glad you had some time away!

Susan said...

There are some real jerks on the road and it makes me wonder how they're getting licenses to drive! XOXO

Hilary said...

Geez. I'm glad you weren't hurt but sorry that happened to you.

Glad that you have your boy back. Is he all healed?

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

UGH! Glad you weren't hurt! And so... what did initially happen to Bart?

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts