Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Still

 

But sometimes  it is a relief to say what is on your mind, as long as you are doing it not to hurt anyone else, but to just be clear about your boundaries.

I have been brooding of late, but last night, I slept better than I have in a month.  Even with my stiff, aching neck.  I think that getting something off my mind that has been bothering me was good medicine.
This photo is the kind of serenity that I long for.  I think we all do.



I love it when I am out and about, and some perfect stranger says to me, "Your neck looks kind of stiff, huh?"
Uh, yeah.   Silence.
What else to say?

It's an art, knowing when to speak up, and knowing when to shut up.  I have not always been good at that.   I find myself giving it a lot more thought these days than I have previously.


Smasher since Sunday, but the sun is shining this morning, even though it is bitterly cold, so I am hoping that the headache dissipates as the day goes on.  My youngest daughter said to me last week, "I don't know anyone who could have gotten through two years of a headache like you have."

Now I am sure that I am not the only one capable of this, but wow, isn't it nice that she thinks that of me?  I was very touched by her comment.  It makes me more determined to stay as strong as I can be, to walk this path that I have been given, with as much grace and courage as I can.
Good days, bad days, accepting them all.  Doing the best I can with all of them.





My first daughter, (not allowed to say oldest :), came to the studio yesterday.  She is going to help me with Crazy as a Loom, taking over some jobs that I think will get her acclimated to my business.   We spent the day together, me showing her what I do on my web site, and explaining what parts she could do.
Later, on the phone, she told me that she could 'go to work' THERE every day, and love it.
I said, "hmm, you are beginning to sound like your mother."

 So life goes on, daily stuff.... like Roy getting a bath.  Look at that face.  He hates it, but he doesn't move a muscle until it's over.


Sewing socks, and more socks, and more socks.........there is no end.  But somehow, the monotony of it is sometimes soothing in its own way.
I'm weird, I know.



And after your bath, there is no place like your blankie on the couch with your Mum.
No place.




Sitting with my second cuppa coffee, finally the sky is blue, the sun is pouring through the windows as I type.  The headache is lifting.  I am hesitant to leave this quiet little cocoon I am in at this moment.  Pensive, sad for things gone by,  but still hopeful, still grateful.

There is so much to be grateful for.


15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

thanks for sharing the sweet smiles. :)

JC said...

I think of you often and wonder how you are and now I know.

To those simply moments in each day.

Roy is so cute. My two won't do that so I have to take them to a play which I need to do.

Take care,
JC

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

I suppose the holidays are difficult for you this year because your mom's passing is so recent. And yet, you have the joy of that new baby. I don't have family nearby so it's always a little sad for me, remembering the big gatherings when we were young and the gatherings at my dad's when we were grown. I just look for joy every day and most days that's enough.

Susan said...

I have a Roy - his name is Scrappy. He suffers silently through baths and calls the sofa his. You hit on one of the things that drives me crazy - people who feel they must state the obvious. To which there is no answer. I can't imagine enduring two years (and still) of a headache. You must be made of pretty strong stuff.

Vicky said...

Your words truly resonate and a sense of tranquility permeates what you write. Its achingly familiar and beautiful all at once. I'm thinking of you and right there with you! Thanks for making me feel not so alone in my own journey :)

Dizzy-Dick said...

That sure is one brightly colored pile of socks. Enjoyed the dog pictures. I don't know of any dog that likes to get a bath but most like to go swimming and play in the mud.

Hilary said...

Ah, I hope it lifts and stays away. You need a break. If you're certain it's weather/barometer related, could you handle the Aleve in shorted dosage duration, perhaps.. to get you through those times? Much in the way a warm blankie and the couch cuddles get your beautiful Roy through the baths. ;)

That view (or one very similar) it's waiting for you here.. except it's frozen and covered in snow, right now.

Theresa said...

Well, that has got to be one of the most pitiful getting a bath expressions ever! How could you? The abuse that goes on there... ;) I like it better when they struggle. Makes me feel much less guilty about the whole thing. But then there is the blanket cuddles afterwards. I have been known to heat up the blankets in the dryer on cold mornings for when they come in. So glad you are handing over some bits here and there and sharing that Crazy as a Loom love.
May there be many, many sunny days strung together for you. Barring that, winters in AZ anyone?

Country Girl said...

I feel the same way sometimes: pensive, sad for things gone by but still hopeful. Huge hope is for you to have no pain.

Peg Cherre said...

Will you have another session with the healer? Seems like he helped first time around.

Country Gal said...

It is the simple things in life that get us through it all like Roy's face in the tub and he on the couch belly up napping with his blanket , the sight and sounds of nature all simple yet beautiful in it's own way ! You are a trooper and I do hope your pain subsides . Thanks for sharing . Have a good week !

Daryl said...

still .. yet ... big sigh ..

i got the prime mate on tuesday .. i thanked you on my blog ... i hope the check arrived as quickly

hugs to you

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

I hope you never shut up.

I lived just one year with a constant headache. I thought often... how is this even possible??... so.. yeah. two years... you're Wonder Woman in my book.

I think your attitude is what gets you through, your tenacity, your will to LIVE your life and not let it take over. I pray for the day you find relief.. permanent relief, and that you know life without a headache again.

thewiildmagnola said...

This was a good post. So happy you are to have help.
Roy in the tub, what a sad face, and then the blankie!

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful for those photos of Roy. He is a handsome gentleman.

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts