Pages

Crazy as a Loom

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Taking a break

Days and days go by and no one much comes to the studio.  Which is OK with me, because my
business is 99% internet driven.
L would say......."if you put your open flag out".......

But today was different.  Today the studio was like a big magnet, pulling everyone in.
The UPS man.  The Fed Ex man.  Friends. A carpenter.
The phone was ringing off the wall.

Then I had a special visitor, one of my faves.
The kind of little visitor you don't mind having some work stoppage for.


At first she wasn't into having her picture taken.

On her way up the stairs, she said, "There WAS a little table up here."
And when she turn the corner into the upstairs hall, she squealed, and the smile lit up her face.
"THERE it is."


Give a little girl some dishes.
And a little table.


They bring their own imagination.

And after they left, I did get some work done.........18 ft done on the 30 ft rug.  Whew.
I am tired now.  A good tired though.

I think we may need some more little dishes, though, don't you?



8 comments:

spindrift,maine said...

What a little sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Little girls just have the BEST imaginations!

Country Girl said...

Yes! More little dishes.

Adorable.

TexWisGirl said...

she's a happy girl after all!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Oh, what I would have done for a little table with little dishes like that!!..

Hilary said...

She's a doll.. I love that image of her climbing those stairs in anticipation. And I can see you branching out to pottery, now. Maybe start collecting kilns along with the looms. ;)

Joy said...

I kinda like a menagerie of little dishes instead of a set though...

Sharon said...

I love this time right now when little girls celebrate being little girls and liking themselves and liking being girls, doing little girls things. Loving yourself starts now!

Welcome to my world.

Because every thread counts

Because every thread counts